“Great Stay Friendly Staff Super Location”
Review of South Beach Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hilton Head
South Beach Inn
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reston, Virginia
“Great Stay Friendly Staff Super Location”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

South Beach Inn is at the southern tip of Sea Island Plantation on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. South Beach Inn is a gem, affordable, clean cool rooms with bright views and a terrific location, You can park you car and walk to the beaches or to several restaurants. We have stayed at South Beach Inn several times and are takign our honey moon at one of their rental houses on "Lands End". The South Beach Inn staff and owners are super friendly and very nice to work with. We love HH and South Beach Inn is our first pick to stay on HH -- only off season though!

Room Tip: Go for the loft room with a view of the South Beach Marina - we did and saw the most gorgeous sunris...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DfHRB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We recently went to Hilton Head for a family event. I liked the little condo we rented. The room was comfortable and the location was perfect for walking on the beach, birding, kayaking, swimming. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a great view of the water.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ester94
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We recently had an occasion to go to Hilton Head, Sea Pines for a brief stay. This was our second time to stay at the South Beach Inn and both times have been delightful. It is a great location and the staff is very nice. We were there during off season so the weather can be iffy; but the price to value is excellent. We stayed in a suite upstairs. The Inn is older but is well maintained. Just keep in mind it is not handicap accessible througout. The Inn does not have its own restaurant; but the Salty Dog is just steps away where I enjoyed a wonderful shrimp gumbo in the warm sunshine of a glorious fall day.

Room Tip: See if you can get a suite with a view; but the corner suites away from the marina are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Edna63
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Booked for 2 nights and stayed 1 - reception staff were not hugely friendly - so that did not put me in a good mood for starters... The unit we booked was basic but nice. One room with sofa, coffee table, 2 large bay windows with seats, one small table with 2 chairs, little kitchenette and a bedroom with double bed, 1 wardrobe, 1 chest of drawers, 1 bedside table and lamp (not good when you both want to read in bed), 1 ceiling fan, and a standard US bathroom with shower over Bath, 1 basin, 1 WC. All very clean. The front door was very difficult to open and close. The key cards were not working very well and I was not keen to get charged for "out of hours opening" if I had to call them out because I could not get in. The pool is in the centre of a car park but apart from that it is a lovely pool. You can get breakfast delivered to you by the restaurants next door with no extra charge which is a great idea. However, it appears that the freezer in the room below our bedroom was working overtime and our bedroom was literally vibrating and so was our bed. We had a terrible night and left early the following morning completely exhausted... The refund came through very quickly so that was a plus but I can't really recommend this place as I felt I was not really welcome there.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rotterdam0892
charleston,sc
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My sister had rented a gorgeous house across the street from the South Beach Marina, I decided at the last minute, to stay for a night or two at the South Beach Inn to "check it out". What a pleasant surprise! They have funky little condos complete with a kitchenette right inside the marina complex. I ending up only staying one night, my sister really wanted me to stay with them, and their house was amazing. However, I am really looking forward to coming back with my husband. This is a perfect weekend getaway place, no need to even drive your car once you arrive. Restaurants and shops right there, beach just a very short walk away and even a pool (though I never did even use it). Renting a beach cruiser was perfect, too! Hilton Head has great bike trails. I can't wait to return, thanks South Beach Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank katpower
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 30 November 2010

My husband and I drove down from Charleston, SC for a date night on November 20. We needed a little getaway from our busy lives and children. Sea Pines in November was the perfect spot for a quick night away. It was relaxing and peaceful and the Salty Dog gave us just the right amount of food/entertainment needed. South Beach Marina is small and quaint, which is what we were looking for. Yes, the rooms could use a makeover, but for $97/night for a clean, spacious room in a great location who can complain?! We were able to check in early and the staff was super nice. We can't wait to bring our girls (ages 2 1/2 and 5) back in the spring for a weekend away with the family! Overall a good experience. I have stayed in some four and five star hotels and South Beach Inn doesn't compare - but then again, they are in a whole different category so you wouldn't even be comparing apples to apples so why try.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Pepper Pike, OH
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We were the only car in the parking lot in March
even up until Easter
The locals must not refer anyone
The hotel room is very dated
The floor is not level
And there is some danager in accessing room and inside, not safe for kids
The staff can be distant and short.
I wanted to cancel reservation because my son was sick and they refused

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family