“Great location!”
Review of South Beach Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hilton Head
South Beach Inn
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We found the South Beach Inn on Trip Advisor and decided to book it based on the reviews. We are glad we did! The reviews are accurate. This is an adorable "beachy" accommodation in a great location. We loved riding bikes and being close to the activity surrounding the Salty Dog Cafe. If you have young kids, they have some activities for kids that would make this a great place to stay! Thanks for a great vacation!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room with a harbor view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank lisaboarman
There are newer reviews for South Beach Inn

Reviewed 31 July 2013

THe South Beach Inn was a wonderful respite for us for a week. The staff was great, the view wonderful, and restaurants, bars, activities were all nearby. We'd definitely come back if possible, to ride the bike paths and see the gorgeous forest, and wildlife.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 007kathy
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We just got back from a short stay at the SBI and had a lovely time. The hotel is definitely a little dated, or quaint, depending on your outlook. It was also clean and in a great location. It is hard to beat for convenience. The Wreck & The Salty Dog are right downstairs as well as some little touristy shops and "general store" for necessities. We were meeting up with some friends staying in one of the homes in Sea Pines so this was the best place for us to stay. It was inexpensive - $150/night in peak season and has a kitchenette if you want to keep food/drink in your room. We waited til we got there to rent out bikes from South Beach Bikes (also on site) and had no problem getting that done in a short amount of time. There was a coupon in one of the pamphlets the hotel gave us for 10% off the rental. We used the bikes almost exclusively to get around as it seems many people do. We rode them on the bike path to Harbor Town and to the beach and to our friend's house etc.

I would agree with others though that if you are seeking luxury - this isn't your place. I'm not sure about other rooms, but our shower head probably could have been replaced years ago. The pressure was fine, but a lot of mineral buildup or whatever that made adjusting the stream impossible. And it kind of feels like staying in your Grandma's spare room - which was ok for us. This wasn't a trip where we wanted to be pampered with luxurious linens and such. The room was very functional and met our needs and we would go back. Everyone we encountered that worked in the South Beach marina area was very friendly and helpful. Great place for families.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Happy_TX_Gringa
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

If you want posh, stay away. But the location and proximity to things to do are unmatched. Rooms are comfortable and clean. But who goes to the beach to be in their room? The beach is across the street, the pool is in the parking lot, food is right downstairs or a short walk on the pier. Bike rentals (the perfect way to do hilton head) and tennis courts are also in the parking lot. Seriously a fun place to stay. We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank BrandonPerdue
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed on the 2nd level so I could sit on my little balcony and enjoy my take out breakfast from the restaurant across the way. My friends who have a very large family stayed in a condo in Sea Pines and unfortunately their condo smelled like mold from all of the humidity in the area. The South Beach Inn is clean, fresh and feels like home to me - no mold! I was so happy there I'd stay again in a heartbeat. Just a side note: You can rent bicycles on Hilton Head and I would highly recommend doing that and just riding around and enjoying the scenery. Make sure you go to the Lighthouse and get breakfast one day. Have fun!

Room Tip: I liked having a balcony overlooking the court yard outside where the parrots are located so I'd...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank restorationgirl
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Discovered the South Beach Inn after years of vacationing in Sea Pines and I just don't know why we didn't know about it before. My husband and I were down for three days and accommodations there turned out to be absolutely perfect in every way. We were always warmly greeted and shown the computers, DVD library, etc. Our room #208 was just the right size -- a small living room very comfortably furnished, a small galley kitchenette (sink, full refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave, with glasses, dishes and cutlery for 4), a good sized queen bedded bed room and bath. The place was immaculate and we were surprised to have daily housekeeping. It was exactly what we needed in a fantastic location and for a more than competitive price. We had looked at hotels and the South Beach Inn beat every single one for value. We are telling everyone about it -- it's simply wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank alwaysmoving
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My adult cousins and I visited Hilton Head for a couple of years in a row and have found this to be an excellent place for the family to stay and gather. The restaurant there set a room aside for the celebration of my uncle's 81st birthday. We had a wonderful time together!

Room Tip: We like the rooms with a bay view.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family