“Steak and American Food”
Review of Outback Steakhouse - CLOSED

Outback Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hilton Head Outback Steakhouse location.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

For the type of chain restaurant it is it's better than most. I love the chopped salad and burgers. The seasonings sometimes are a bit too spicey-they can adjust it if you ask them. Servers are very nice and helpful...Desserts are good-in fact yummy.the only steaks I like are the fillets- as they are not chewy as the others except for Rib Eye.
Chicken is good- Fish -small portions-can do better elsewhere.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The last time we visited this restaurant was five years ago: it was rough then and even rougher now. We were seated next to a crying baby so I went up to the front desk and very quietly asked the hostess to move us further away. Anyway, the mother took the baby outside before I got back to the table so we stayed where we were. On the way out I was accosted by the father who told me he didn't appreciate people who went behind his back to speak to the hostess about his crying baby. He was at least one third of my age and double my weight, probably packing something or I might have said what I really felt. Clearly the hostess thought it appropriate to tell him I had asked to be moved. So if you like restaurants with screaming kids and hostesses who like to make trouble, then this is the place for you. By the way, they were sold out of prime rib and the lobster was ripped from its mother's breast. I guess you get what you pay for in life.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

A group of 16 ladies and 1 husband from a local church went for early bird dining. The staff was absolutely wonderful and very patient with the group. We each ordered from the menu and the portions were large and the food was served hot and in an attractive manner. Everyone commented on how good the food was and that it was prepared when ordered and not ahead of time. The Bluffton Outback Steakhouse is a little off the main road and may require visitors to seek it out. It is located at the end of Buckwalter Parkway near the Hwy. 278 intersection. The prices were good and I would recommend it.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

While there seemed to be plenty of seating on one side of the restaurant, the hostess sat us at a table squeezed between two other parties. It took about 4-5 minutes for a server to acknowledge us, by that time we were ready to order our entire meal. When our appetizer of seared ahi tuna came out the plate was dirty and the sauce cups had sauce running down the sides as though it was thrown on the plate with no care about what it looked like.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We periodically eat at The Outback. Our last two visits were bad due to poor food and service. We decided to give it one more try since our neighbor raved about the hamburgers. We arrived at 4:50 p.m. and were seated next to a group of long tables set for 36 people. The rest of the restaurant was fairly empty. We placed our order. The group of 36 arrived a few minutes after we did with lots of noise and commotion. Our server was also serving them. After waiting 1/2 hour for our food, we asked the manager about it. The people in the large group were receiving their meals. Another 10 minutes went by. We told them we were leaving. She wanted to bring us the food to go, which we refused. We finally left at 5:40 and went elsewhere to eat. We will not return again.