“Perfect family resort!” 5 of 5 bubbles

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect family resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed in Palmetto Dunes this year for the first time (we usually stay in Sea Pines). We liked it so much better! So much to do and close to everything. Great location on the island. We will definitely be staying here again in the future!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank vancemj

Hilton Head Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Terrific place to quickly meet people and participate in all activities that Hilton Head has to offer...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This private club offers great opportunities to join with a Mini-Membership for one to three months for those "Snow Birds" coming to the Island during the winter months. Low cost golf and tennis packages are available with preferred tee times and matches every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturady. Members can participate in all activities including social functions, bridge, mah jong, dinners and lunches. I also understand that they will be offering a free two month trial mebership, no strings attached for potential members. Just a great place to meet new people and enjoy what Hilton Head has to offer..

Visited January 2012
6 Thank Jay R
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“This is a great place to meet a lot of people quicklynfor golf, tennis, bridge, etc.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Although this is considered a private club, nonmembers can come and visit it to see what they offer and meet new people. You can also buy a one month membership if you are renting on a monthly basis in Hilton. I am just stating this first in case you do not realize this if you look at their website.

My husband first visited HH a year ago and then came back in November for an extended stay. We have spent about three months here and have made so many friends and found so many things to do and we are 100 percent convinced because we joined this wonderful club. We do something either there or with members almost every day of the week and sometimes more than twice in one day. For instance, just this week alone, my husband is playing golf three times with club- sponsored events. I am playing bridge two mornings. On Friday, we play twilight golf which are couples (or just four people together) playing against other four-member teams with a scramble format for nine holes then melting for cocktails at 6:00 and then dinner. Last week also included a trivia night that started with cocktails and then dinner. I had to buy a calendar just to keep track of our social life. Because of that club, I found out about the Palmetto Dunes Women's Club which I have joined that has over 35 interest groups including biking, hiking, movies and lunch, couples duplicate bridge, dinner for eight, two book clubs, a special current topics group which discuss relevant social matters, tennis, etc.

This is just to mention what we enjoy but is no way inclusive of what both these clubs have to offer. We have never been so busy having fun in our lives. My husband's golf game is consistently over 90 where it used to hover close to 100,

Now the people are exceptionally nice as well and I am sure part of it is that there is so little stress with everyone basically being retired and being in a beautiful environment year round which is often called paradise.

Certanly if you plan to be in HH for at least a month, you should consider joining this club so you have an immediate group to participate with in doing the things you love.

Visited February 2012