No photo provided
Add it.
Golf Academy of Hilton Head Island at Sea Pines
Ranked #70 of 115 things to do in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Golf training facility offers daily programs, three- and four-day golf school packages, all taught by PGA instructors.
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Three of us lady golfers attended the three hours short game golf school taught by Skip---we did an hour of chipping/pitching, an hour getting out of the sand and an hour of putting. It was AWESOME! Skip makes the lesson fun and simple. His explanations makes sense and can easily be incorporated into any skill level. I walked away with more knowledge and confindence! In fact, the next day I shot my second lowest score EVER! I'm going back in the spring!

1  Thank Joyce W

Reviewed 6 March 2013

I talk a better golf game then I play. With that in mind, I went to the Golf Academy at SeaPines (Hilton Head Island, South Carolina) and took a total12 hours of lessons with Skip and Marty, 4 hours a day for 3 days. I had been there before, and really enjoyed the challenge and actually did improve. This time, Skip, who I primarilly worked with, focused on getting me to identify my problem(s), so that I can recognize what I do wrong when I am back in Connecticut. Both Skip and Marty want to see improvement, they are not just going through the motions, they want to see their students improve and enjoy this frustrating game. As it was off season there were only two of us in the class and I know I improved, as I took the improvements onto the courses I played after the lessons. I am not in the low 80s yet, but I am coming closer than I ever thought I would be. If you enjoy golf and want to improve, take some lessons with either Skip or Marty. Ask Skip to show you how he hits a drive while on his knees.

1  Thank Alan S
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Worked with Marty on the 3 hour full swing program. There were 4 people in the group and I was able to get rid of a couple of nasty quirks in my long irons and fairway woods. I took a couple hour break for a wardrobe change and a cooldown and then hit the Ocean Course for 18 holes. I didn't hit every ball perfectly (it is golf after all) but when I did slip I could tell what it was and why. I look forward to the short program and taking a couple more strokes off my game.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I completed the 3 hour short game school with Skip Malek and learned so much in a short period of time. Not only did he focus on my short game as expected, but he took the time and interest in my full swing! He provided a notepad so I could take notes to bring home and was able to readily give me drills to work on once i returned to CT.

Skip was very professional and I appreciated that he was honest and didn't fluff my ego telling me "great shot" when it was an awful slice!! :)

If you want top notch instruction, go to the Golf Academy

2  Thank Jane K
Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I just completed a 3-day course at the Golf Academy at Sea Pines. An incredible experience. We learned a lot over the course of three days, and we practiced what we learned under the close supervision of a true golf professional. While we have not yet brought our work back to our home course in New York, we are anxious for warm weather to see how we have progressed. We heartily recommend the Golf Academy for those golfers who wish to improve their game and reach their potential!

4  Thank Laurence B