“Best Place All Week!!!”
Review of Okko

Okko
Reserve with OpenTable
Okko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 380 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I was not happy with my daughter's choice of a Japanese restaurant instead of a seafood place but it was her turn to pick! This place turned out to be the best experience and meal all week! The hibachi chef "Romeo" was fabulous and made the evening. If you enjoy Japanese do not miss this place!!!!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I ate at Okko for the first time a week ago with a few friends. We chose to sit at the hibachi grill where the chef cooked in front of us. It was such a good time & the food was great...especially with the yummy sauce! We ordered other things too, sushi appetizers, like the avocado tower, the presentation was amazing!!! One of my friends, who didn't want hibachi, was even able to just oder a Thai dish, prepared in the kitchen that was brought out as we were getting our meals off the grill. The chef was very entertaining & made sure we all had a good time with lots of sake ;) Will definitely be back very soon!!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Okko serves a variety of Asian cuisine (sushi, hibachi, thai) in a sleek, modern and cool atmosphere (despite being located in a strip mall with boring exteriors). You can order hibachi even if you don’t sit at one of the grills to enjoy the “show,” and the tasty portions are a good size for the price.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hibachi chef was certainly talented and was able to keep our little ones entertained while he cooked. Server was a little slow in getting the check and drink refills.

Soup and salad were the best I've had from any hibachi!

Vegetables, shrimp, and chicken were very good but not my favorite of any hibachi. They suffered a bit due to overcooked chicken and a sameness about the taste. I don't recall other hibachi restaurants adding vodka to the cooking process and I think the vodka and yum-yum sauce mixed into everything didn't allow the ingredients to sing on their own.

Place was a little tough to find since it is tucked away in the back corner of a strip mall/plaza and due to the limited signage and low visibility of addresses on this island. So, GPS or give yourself a little extra time to find it if you aren't already familiar with the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went with a large party (6 adults and 5 young kids) and they ended up giving us a small private room which worked out well. Restaurant itself has a dark, hip vibe, although we didn't see much of it from the room.

The food was fairly good. My wife thought the yellow tail was excellent (which she wouldn't normally say), and my assortment of sashimi was good. The kids had the hibachi steak and shrimp which was ok (though I enjoyed the fried rice a lot). Everybody seemed to enjoy their food, and I would definitely return.