Review of Bullies

Ranked #15 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Barbecue
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We got the Wednesday "$15 Slab of Ribs", took it home and built a meal around it. It is a dry rub cooking and they have sauces to add if you want. It was excellent without the sauces and not fatty at all. While waiting for our order, I saw several pulled pork sandwiches which were large and looked real good. We also got a side of mac and cheese which was also very good.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“good food bad service”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The food was good, however the service was forbidding. The person that initially waited on my wife, my friend and I, was cold and customer insensitive. I was asked to remove my hands from the counter because "plates were placed there". Yet as I watched another customer place his hands on the countertop and nothing was said. His blunt and impertinent behavior quickly changedmy desire to spend my money for Bullies. (We spent $30.00 - our plans was to spend more) Fortunately for Bullies my friend is a Elder at her church and she sense my concen. She explained we were tourist, so I just ordered. After returning to the resort, I called and expressed my concerns. The person that answered the phone said he was sorry. I am as well, because I will never return.

2 Thank hank b
Bob S, Owner at Bullies, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Hank, I cannot tell you how sorry I am. I break my back 7 days a week to build my business and someone like that lets me down with some kind of ego trip. I was there that night as I am all nights and am sorry that I did not catch this rudeness. I was probably cooking someones order in back or maybe yours. Then when you called back he was also the one to answer the phone so I had no idea what had happened, as I am sure he did not want me to know. I have generally had good luck with this fellow, I am not sure what the heck precipitated this bad behavior. I wish I could do this all myself so I did not have to count on anyone but me. Once again my sincerest apology. Bob Sutton/ owner/ operator.
Bridgewater, Virginia
“Great brisket and pulled pork.”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This place was recommended to us by some locals. They did have great brisket and pulled pork sandwiches for lunch. It was a welcomed break from all the seafood we had been consuming. Would recommend it to our friends.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We ordered the family dinner because it was an assortment of everything...brisket, pulled chicken and pork, ribs, Mac and cheese, fries, and cornbread! We picked two sauces and mixed them to get the "right" flavor. Would definitely eat here again! Yummy....

Visited November 2013
Massachusetts
“Excellent BarBQue”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Hole in the wall sort of place, bare boned, pics of French Bulldogs is what you'll get for atmosphere. But very good ribs, great slaw, good potato salad; a very satisfying meal, with $2 BudLites. Not a place for candlelight and martinis, but a great place for ribs!

• Visited October 2013