“Fantastic Food ~ Always Delicious!”

Sage Room Restaurant Bar
Ranked #7 of 367 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Fantastic Food ~ Always Delicious!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Going to the Sage Room is a "must see" restaurant experience! Make sure you call in your reservations early so that you can sit at the Chef's Table, which is the bar area directly in front of the cooking station. There, you can interact with the Chef and the other staff behind the counter. You can watch as they prepare the various meals, and dress the plates so beautifully. They are so pretty! And make sure you get the snow pea martini - it's a bargain at only $2 and the snow peas are delish! Every night, there are specials, and the regular menu has wonderful options as well. Everything is freshly prepared and cooked to order. While you are waiting and watching all of the food preparation, ask Jason (the bartender) to "create" a drink for you. Just tell him the kinds of beverages and flavors that you typically like to drink and he can make something completely special just for you. My husband always has Jason make him an original martini and they are always so tasty. We will always make the Sage Room one of our regular restaurants while in Hilton Head!

• Visited August 2013

athens, georgia
“Consistently good”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We just returned from our annual vacation at Hilton Head and our annual dinner at the Sage Room and we all- 14 people- left happy with our experience. There is a good selection of appetizers which could be used as entrees for lighter eaters. The staff is friendly and competent and the food was great. I am sure we will be back next year.

San Francisco, California
“Great food”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had a chance to dine at this hard to find but very good restaurant. The dirty martini and vodka gimlet were perfect! I had the Caesar salad and the filet sage which were both outstanding. My wife had the seared tuna and the boned in pork chop which were cooked to perfection. We shared the key lime pie which was tasty and decent size for sharing. The only negative was the red wine a bit warmer than usual, perhaps because the bar is right next to the open kitchen.

NYC
“Ups and Downs......”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We usually save the Sage Room for our last night on the island during our July visits as we consider it one of the better restaurants on the island. Great dirty martini's and the 3 members of our group said their beef filets were the best they have ever had. In contrast, our three ahi tuna meals were average, bland with little taste and all were over cooked. My tuna dish was not rare but medium. To their credit they did not charge me for the dish. Also a negative in my opinion was the potato and leek soup for $8 with shredded crab an additional $2. I don't mind spending $10 for a bowl of soup, but please put a little more than 4 tablespoons of soup in the bowl. Also, I had to ask the server if they included the crab as I cold barely detect a few finely shredded pieces in the broth. Atmosphere is OK, nothing special and service was good, not great..Too inconsistent a meal this time around.

1 Thank Rebound72
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“amazing...best filet mignon ever”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was invited to dinner at the Sage Room by a friend for whom I had done a modest favor. Wow!! did I ever come out ahead!! I have eaten filet mignon at some of the finest restaurants (Morton's in DC), (Ruth Chris'), and this was the best ever. The prices are on par with Morton's ($40ish for the meal, and salads are extra), so I was very appreciative of being a guest!! But if you are looking for a fine dining experience this is it. Very small venue, so make reservations early and use GPS to find the Sage Room.

Visited July 2014