“Amazing food - Unbelievable view”
Review of Sunset Grille

Sunset Grille
Ranked #57 of 377 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: As Linda and her culinary team work their magic creating soups, daily specials and awesome desserts, Hugh and his well trained wait staff cater to the needs of the guest. To accompany the delicious meals offered at Sunset Grille, Hugh has put together an extensive wine list that is well rounded and well priced. If wine is not your drink of choice you can choose from a large selection of spirits or craft beers. Sunset Grille is a casual fine dining restaurant established in 1996 by Linda and Hugh Lockman. Whether you are dining at lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch you will not be disappointed. Sunset Grille has been consistently recognized as one of Hilton Head Islands best kept secrets and was voted by Garden & Gun magazine to have one of the BEST Bloody Mary's in the south. With virtually no advertising it has remained one of the most popular dining destinations on the Island. Along with the fantastic food, great beverage list and attentive service Sunset Grille offers one of the best sunset and water views on Hilton Head Island. Located at the Hilton Head Harbor Marina on the Intracoastal Waterway and overlooking Pinckney Island Wildlife Refuge, it is a view not to be missed!
Reviewed 8 June 2011

A recent trip to Sunset Grille turned what started out as an adventure in dining into an amazing dining experience. Sunset Grille is a very small restaurant serving unique and beautifully presented dishes. My husband and I had a hard time deciding what to order, as the entire menu sounded enticing. The crab cakes were amazing! Cobia was the special of the night and was as good as any fish I have ever eaten! Make reservations, as the place fills up quickly. I highly recommend this restaurant to others and plan to return on our next trip to Hilton Head.

1  Thank AlabamaTravelGirl

Reviewed 6 June 2011

My husband and I dine here regularly and have never been ill or receievd a poorly prepared plate.

The staff is incredibley friendly, which shouldn't go ignored. But my favorite thing about this restaurant is the food. The chef always has a fresh and delicious special (usually fish caught earlier that day). I would describe the menu as gourmet cuisine with a southern flare.

Although they have excellent dinners, I prefer visiting for brunch because it's usually less busy and they have the best Bloody Mary's ever! The Crab Cake Benedict is to die for. In between courses we usually head to the deck to get some sun and take in the beautiful view. This place is truly amazing. I highly recommend Sunset Grille!

1  Thank Mandyb4973
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Went there on June 2. We lived in the area for 7 years, first time in the restaurant and it was perfect. Food was best around, done perfectly (Kudos to the chef) Very interesting place to dine. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

I had crab cakes and husband had pork loin. Both outstanding. I would highly recommend. At first a little confused as to where restaurant was located. It is small and with RV park. Restaurant upstairs. Well worth the hunt! Food outstanding and service friendly. Will return.

Reviewed 25 May 2011

What a treat it was for our family to enjoy such an amazing dinner, excellent service and the beautiful sunset last Friday night at Sunset Grille. I thought I would post this because of the previous response by SPOPPA. My swordfish served at the same time and day was wonderful. It was cooked to perfection and was topped with a delicious roasted sweet corn, blue crab and leeks sauce. NO FOOD POISONING for me and I am a cancer survivor that has had my share of stomach problems from treatments. I highly recommend Sunset Grille to everyone! We will definitely be back with friends and family. Can't wait!!!