Marriott's SurfWatch
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hilton Head Resort(Hilton Head)
View Hotel
Ramada Hilton Head(Hilton Head)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewssurf watchsea saltsindoor poolbratthree bedroommaster bedroommarriott vacation clubbath villaping pongbeach bargolf cart shuttleputting greengreat marriottsales presentationgarden viewtable tennisresort activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2013

As a newer Marriott property, this resort avoids several mistakes of older Marriott resorts, but provides a dilemma for discriminating owners who value the serenity of an Atlantic Ocean view. The large whirlpool tub is absent due to lack of owner use.

The Hilton Head properties would benefit from fireplaces. Marriott’s Surf Watch eliminates the lockout units and offer two and three bedroom units. A couple should elect the two-bedroom unit because the living space is larger than in a three-bedroom unit.

We insisted on an Ocean Front unit. The insider’s viewpoint nicknames this property as “Marriott’s Surf Walk.” This is because several owners and visitors have not properly prepared themselves for this unique property.

First, there really is only one building that is oceanfront. Second, it is a short walk on a boardwalk to the beach. In one sense “Marriott Surf Walk” is an apt description. Several other buildings provide serene Marshland and Atlantic Ocean views.

Given nearly 60 years of Atlantic and Pacific coast travel, I require an ocean front property, and I am willing to pay the premium cost for the view. Many of the Marriott Surf Watch building are “garden view.” These garden views provide a replica view of many tidewater areas, but fall short in terms of providing the clientele a balcony to enjoy a nice wine and sushi and a vision of the Atlantic Ocean.

Room Tip: All units are excellent, and be aware that there is an ORDER to determine who receives the Ocean Front and who receives the garden units.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This property is always immaculate, and is spread out enough so that you never feel like it is crowded, when when occupancy is at 100%. The beach is always spacious, as opposed to other Marriott beachfront properties on HH. The Beachside pool used to be a hassle due to people reserving chairs and not using them for half the day, but the new 45 minute policy on holding chairs seems to be working. Rooms are a good size. The only issue is that the back bedroom (in 3 BR units) tends to get very warm at night, even with the AC on. I've brought this to management's attention at least twice now over the years, and they have not made any improvements to this.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My family of five stayed for a week at this resort in June 2013 and had a great time.We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit with my parents and another family. We had plenty of room to spread out and entertain. The only disappointment was that with 12 people in the room, our little balcony looking out at the ocean only had 4 chairs around a little table. We had easy access to the beach via the walkway over the marsh. Golf carts were fast and ever-present and would often show up right when you needed them. The resort was quiet despite being full of families, and there were MANY activities for kids and families throughout the days/week. The resort has 3 pools which the kids loved, and then the beach was excellent. There is a drastic difference between high/low-tide, so the kids were able to find all sorts of sea-life in the tide-pools and had lots of room to run. My wife and I rented bikes from the resort one day and rode to the farmers market about 2-miles away. Access to gas grills whenever you want to use them. Overall, it is a great resort and offers plenty to see and do for a week to entertain the family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our first wedding anniversary and everything was wonderful. The front desk sent us a gift basket to celebrate and noticed that I was pregnant so replaced red wine with sparkling grape juice, which was very thoughtful.
The resort had several activities going on each day ranging from movies in their own theater to water aerobics in the morning.
The property was very clean and well maintained. Our condo was absolutely beautiful and was equipped with everything we could need for our week there.
We will definitely try to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NicoleS0714
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I visited Marriott Surfwatch this past March. The property was recently updated so the room we were in was very nice. The weather was on the chilly side for March I believe it made only into the 70s one or two days. That being said my wife and I made the most of our vacation by touring around beautiful HH. I suggest going to Savannah, GA one day...that town is absolutely gorgeous...cobblestone roads, great places to eat, nice river walk.

When staying in Hilton Head do realize that is not much lighting due to the fact that sea turtles migrate to Hilton Head and the light would distract their journey. So if you go out at night and are not familiar with where things are give yourself a little extra time.

The Surfwatch property is great, extends all the way out to the beach. Nice deck path out a beach bar and beach side pool. Plenty of activities on property to keep busy between renting bikes, shuffle board, swimming pools (in and outdoors) and even a movie theatre on premise. I definitely would recommend this property to everyone. Great family atmosphere but also perfect for the couple that just wants to get a way.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple