“Breakers #111”

Breakers Condominium
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hilton Head
Breakers Condominium
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Do not rent this condo. We got to #Breakers 111 and as soon as we opened door it reaked of urine. The dinette table was dirty and sticky, couch was filthy and stained and smelled. We could have never sat on the couch while we stayed. Bedroom smelled of urine, and bed linens were dirty and smelled. Bathroom shower had a large brown stain in tub. Luckily,we contacted our rental agency and stated we could not stay there and we got upgraded to a beautiful clean 2 br villa at Shipyard. It was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mai N

Reviewed 29 April 2010

We have been using Vacation Network INC. for years, but recently they haven't given us the nice resort condos they have in the past.. It was all paid for, but left after one night because we couldn't find a room anywhere else on the island, due to a PGA tournament in town. The Breakers is old and, run down. Our room smelled dank, because the air-conditioner was off for some time. The dishwasher would gag a maggot, because it was closed with old water in it The windows were filthy, and the screens had holes in them. There wasn't and elevator, so you had to carry your luggage up many flights of stairs. There was a grease container in the parking lot that was over flowing. It was worth your life to try and stand up while walking with all the grease on the driveway. We roughed it out for one night, and moved on. It cost me an addition $1000 to say at other places.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bobby4319
Reviewed 16 September 2009

We stayed the 3rd week of August; it was great. Booked through Resort Quest. Breakers is right next to Coligny beach w/ showers and bathrooms. They gave us a code for the front door and a parking pass, so we got there early and parked all day, before check-in. They said the code wouldn't work until 4PM. It was great not having to go to their office and get a key, and then have to return the key.

215 is ocean front, with views across the dunes, without having to look across the pool. It was VERY clean. The only dirt we saw was on the HVAC filter in the ceiling.

The kitchen had everything needed, including coffee pot, filters, trash bags, soap for sink and dishwasher, towels, knives, bottle openers (2 now cause we accidentally left our wine opener there), and a nice cold fridge that makes abundant ice. It had all appliances needed, and the ugliest granite countertops I've ever seen :) We brought a box full of kitchen stuff we never used cause it had everything.

The granite was continued into the bathroom, which was small but tidy and clean.

The bedroom was small, made worse by the king size bed. A queen would fit the space much better. It had a small cabinet on 1 side with 2 shelves and a pole to hang some clothes. That was it for furniture in there...no place to really put your clothes. There was a large LCD TV on the wall, which looked trashy with all the wires hanging down. If you have small children, this could be a hazard. But the picture quality of both TV's were fine. This is really our only complaint about the room, and a tiny one it is!

The patio is large enough for all your beach gear, chairs and the small table there. It offered lovely views of the ocean. Sofa is comfy and living area is spacious (for 2 people!)

Overall the unit was fine, if you aren't looking for luxury. We were there for the beach, not the room. Oh, the 3rd floor patios did not have a roof over them, so you can't sit outside in the rain (or the shade!). We sat on our patio during 2 rain showers and never got wet, but 3rd floor peeps would have.

The location was great. Walking distance to abundant restaurants, grocery, and shops. 2 blocks away was Flavors restaurant - try this if you want an elegant (slightly pricy) dinner that is VERY good. They cook everything to order and you can tell. It's a small restaurant with Cuban undertones, but serve international dishes. Get the bananas foster for dessert!! We only drove to dinner once while staying. Got lunch at the Earl of Sandwich across the street several times; got it to go and ate it on the beach like a picnic!

My only complaint is that the cleaning crew showed up at 8AM on our last day; they knocked and immediately opened the door, without waiting for a response. Who checks out by 8 AM??? Check out was at 10. When we said we wouldn't be gone until 10, they seemed annoyed, but did go away. After that we were afraid to leave the room unattended while we were loading it up, etc.

We finally loaded up the car and spent the rest of the day at the beach. The condos weren't full so there was ample parking so we felt ok doing that. There is free parking just down the street at the public beach area.

We never used the pool, but it was small, went from 3-8' deep pretty quickly, and there was no shade around it. Several families brought canopies/umbrellas and put them over the tables for shade.

Overall we would go back. It was clean, convenient, not the height of luxury, but we weren't there for that. Give me a beach, a book, and cold drink and it was all good.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2008

I stayed at the Breakers In September of this year, and overall it was a wonderful experience. It would be impossible to have a better view of the beach/water - it was absolutely beautiful. Some of the units look over the pool - I would not enjoy that myself, and selected a unit that faced the beach only. Tthe location is IDEAL. Once we arrived, we could have parked the car for the entire week and walked or biked to everything we needed. Coligny Plaza is - literally - a stone's throw across the street, and it is overflowing with shops (from very nice to very souvenir-y), places to eat at every price range, and a grocery (a somewhat dated Piggly Wiggly - no bakery, etc.). We were able to do a bit of shopping each day. A very short walk up Pope Avenue takes you to a large modern grocery with everything you could want/need and additional restaurants (Aunt Chiladas is mediocre, at best, btw). We arrived on the 30th of August (holiday weekend), and the beach was VERY crowded. Public access is very close and all sorts of folks were out and about, some rather frightening, actually. The remainder of the week was very quiet and calm. The pool. It is tiny. Tiny. There is ample seating/lounge space, but the pool itself is very small, rather like a backyard pool. Compared to the pool at the resort next door, it is disappointing. The Kiddie pool is just that - too deep to be considered a "baby pool." I estimate it to be about 2 feet deep. Both pools were a bit cloudy, but acceptable. The unit itself was perfect for 2 people, no more. The "master" bedroom is so small that you will not be able to walk beside the far side of the bed - there is not enough space between the bed and wall to do so. Nor is there room for a bedside table on EITHER side of the bed. There are 2 twin beds stuck in a cubby in the hall wall, but I cannot imagine that anyone would actually use them. They are good for storage, though. The kitchen is also tiny. I expected a normal stove/oven and packed goodies for homemade lasanga, etc., and was disappointed to find some sort of microwave/convection hybrid thing. I was not interested in reading oven instruction manuals on vacation, so I opted not to use it. The bath had a tub and shower and was adequate. There was a small dining area, a small living area, and a wonderful balcony. Again, more than 2 people in the unit would really be uncomfortable, in my opinion. There is simply too little space - for unpacking, sitting, eating, bathing - for more than 2 folks.

I realize I have listed some negatives, but I would consider The Breakers again. The location just can't be beat. And the price is so reasonable that I can accept the less than ideal aspects of the property. HH is fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank zoepipp
Reviewed 14 September 2008

We stayed in unit#324 and it was very nice, the unit was clean and had updated furnishings, the view was awesome and there are many many restaraunts within walking distance. The condo is a bit small but for 2 adults it was just fine, even with 1-2 kids there would have been plenty of room. The only drawback is that there is no elevator and being on the 3rd floor we really got our excercise(but thats ok). Overall it was a very good experience and the owners of the unit were very prompt and everything was just as they promised.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 June 2008

Okay, so I read a review or two that made me wonder whether a stay at the Breakers would be a good idea for us, but unit 123 and the location itself were beyond awesome! My husband and I had planned on taking our two teens; the oldest had to work, so we ended up taking our 15-year old and his three friends. I had read reviews that said the condos in general were too small for the six person capacity advertised, that it wasn't the greatest place for teens, and that some were in ill repair. The condos themselves were very well kept--the grounds, the buildings, and the pools--and unit 123 was as clean and comfortable as any 4-star hotel. The size was fine for six people. We took the mattresses off the bunk beds and put them on the living room floor, along with a mat from home, and the four teens slept there. We used the bunk beds for their clothes and whatnot. One thing I really liked was the door between the living room and the sleeping areas--I could go to the bathroom, wash clothes (#123 washer and dryer work great!), etc. without waking the guys. I didn't even have to cook, because the teens could help themselves to whatever they wanted at the plaza next door. We had a great view of the beach and it was a beautiful beach--lots of room, lots of white sand, and right outside the door. Hilton Head is as classy as they come and unit #123 was a perfect match for the area and for our hopes of a great vacation. The communication with the owners, by the way, were always timely and friendly--can't beat this condo, folks!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank susanhasbeenthere
Reviewed 27 August 2007

These condos definitely need some upgrading.
Furnishings are pretty worn and the place could use some paint.
The bed had no mattress pad so the sheets were directly on the mattress which sort of creeped me out. The bedroom was cramped even though the only furniture was bed and a dresser.
The bathroom needed cleaning, as did the stove. The tub had no stopper and the outlet in the bathroom did not work. The light over the sink in the kitchen was not working either.
Having a washer and dryer was a plus.
The view from the oceanfront room was great.
I would definitely look for a more updated hotel for my next stay.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple