“SURPRISE”

Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 369 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$14 - US$48
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar is an American Bistro with a southern soul. We strive to serve the freshest ingredients sourced form local, and regional farms and purveyors. The menu changes throughout the seasons based on ingredients, and the inspiration of the staff and Chef/Owner Clayton Rollison. The menu is small and focused but offers a large variety of refined comfort foods and adventurist dishes. Our menu includes offerings like "Pork Pot Roast," Steak Frites and can be as adventurist as Foie Gras Pate and Octopus A La Palncha.
Angina, Ill.
“SURPRISE”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

It was about to be a stormy night and we were looking for some casual dining that was not too far from our motel. "Lucky Rooster" didn't sound too imposing so we wandered in expecting peanuts on the floor and cowboy music.......wrong! The place was dark wood, smart wait staff, very cordial host and a food and wine menu that was varied and complete.

My wife had a marvelous snapper and I went with a down-home scrimp and grits. This was one of the best meals I've had and could go on and on about the quality and preparation of the food.but i will only recommend it without any reservation. If I didn't live 200 miles from it, i would be a weekly patron..

1 Thank BOB W

Palm Coast, Florida
“Not what appeared on the Menu on the website”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

WE were somewhat disappointed upon arrival when we found that the Flounder and Grouper entrees were not on the menu.

At times our waiter seemed a bit curt and more interested in other diners than us.

The food was very good, we shared the fried green tomatoes , they were crisp and severed at the right temperature. The sauce had a nice kick to it.

We then both had shrimp and grits. This was a different recipe than we have had before, but the addition of beans and corn was very tasty.

The Peanut butter sundae was good, a little too much marshmallow for me, bute the homemade ice cream was very good!

Visited July 2014
Hilton Head
“Fabulous Food”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Lucky Rooster is a must when traveling to Hilton Head. We had the Filet Mignon, Burger, and french toast for dessert. It was the best meal during our trip. Make sure you make a reservation, but if you do not try a bar booths which were cute and cozy. The steak can be compared to Chicago steak houses, perfectly cooked and delicious.

1 Thank ewanka2014
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
“Overall really good, but they forgot we were celebrating a birthday”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We enjoyed this place and would definitely go back on our next trip to Hilton Head. The fried green tomatoes were probably the best I've ever had, and my shrimp and grits were great. My husband had the steak frites and was a little disappointed that the meat was so fatty, but I guess that's typical of flat iron? We probably wouldn't order that again. But then the desserts made up for it.
The only thing I was really disappointed with was that I had called ahead to make reservations and tell them that we were celebrating my husbands birthday. They took his name, so I had assumed that during dinner they would have something for him... his name printed on the menu or a special birthday dessert or "Happy Birthday" written on the dessert or something, but there was nothing. It would have been nice for them to have acknowledged it when I let them know ahead of time.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Zucca38
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Amazing and Innovative Menu, Fabulous Service!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Lucky Rooster has quickly become one of our favorite local places to go for amazing, innovative dishes and cocktails with friends, family, or anyone! The host or hostess, bartenders, and service staff are always attentive, friendly, and welcoming, with great personalities and a knowledge-ability about food and drink that is to be highly admired in the ever-changing food industry environment of Hilton Head Island. Not for the light-of-pocket, but if you really want some toe-curling cuisine combined with a delightful atmosphere, this place is an absolute must! There are no words........ amazing!!

1 Thank Vidaesviaje