“Another Great Experience!!!”

Nick's Steak and Seafood
Ranked #102 of 378 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We typically travel to Hilton Head three to four times a year and Nick's has become one of our favorite restaurants on the island. When we first walked in during this visit, we were immediately struck by the redesign of the interior. Although Pittsburgh sports memorabilia has a major focus (we are Cincinnati fans so somewhat hard for us :-)) the recent changes made to the interior have upgraded the restaurant immensely.

For this trip, we had a very large party and were able to make reservations which is a definite bonus. We were seated in a semi-private room located off the main dining room which was perfect for our large family.

Our server immediately came and took our drink orders keeping separate checks for the five different families. The drink special was amazing and our drinks were delivered quickly. Our server went over the specials for the night and we placed our order. While waiting for our food, the server was attentive and a glass never went empty. Throughout the evening other servers never passed our table without brining a drink refill or engaging the kids in our party in light hearted fun!

After a brief wait, our food was all delivered simultaneously and directly to the individual that ordered (I always hate when servers stand at the head of the table yelling out dishes while family members sheepishly have to raise their hand.) Various family members got a wide variety of dishes and all looked delicious. I got the ribs and shrimp and my husband got a Jack Daniels Steak, both were outstanding.

One member of our family got the all you can eat crab legs and the steaming orders just kept coming. Needless to say it looked delicious and he definitely got his money's worth.

With a party as large as ours we typically expect there to be flaws in service or food preparation or checks but we did not have any concerns at Nick's. Overall it was our best meal on the island! When we return later this summer, it will be at the top of our list for their outstanding food and service (a rarity on the island!)

Reviewed 12 July 2013

The food was delicious! I also loved how my glass never reached anywhere near the bottom. Katie was also very friendly and helpful. Even their bussers helped us with Hilton Head attractions. All in All it was excellent. I have to eat their again!

Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We came here at the end of our week at the beach as a way to cap off our week. We got there at 7pm on a Friday and there was absolutely no wait. We were taken to our table, which is where the wait started. It took our server a good five minutes to come take our drink order, and then almost another 5-7 to bring them to us. All the while my little ones were thirsty and losing interest. The food was average, nothing special. My wife's steak was over cooked but tastes good. The meat was char grilled giving it a unique taste. My ribs were good but the shrimp on the side were overpowered by BBQ sauce. The service was the biggest issue. Our server had maybe 3 tables and was in the weeds. We had to flag him down several times for refills and other needs. The atmosphere of the restaurant was lacking. You can tell is used to be a chain restaurant that has been recycled into a new place. The only decor is Pittsburgh sports memorabilia, and there's not a lot of it. After our experience, my wife and I agree that it would have been better (and cheaper) to order a pizza and stay in rather than visiting here.

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We came here minutes before closing and were told that they were accepting walkins after closing, so we expected good treatment. The food was very good, I had the fisherman a trio, the crab cake was nicely seasoned, the salmon very juicy and the shrimp were very tasty. One thing we noticed was that the cocktail sauce was a little heavy on the horseradish however I didn't have a problem with it. Our server Rachel R was the biggest letdown of the night, we were given menus and drinks and then she disappeared. We waited around 15-20 minutes before seing her again and ordering our food. When she came back this time we noticed she was very rude and seemed like she wanted us to leave. Within a minute of the food arriving she asked how it was and then disappeared again for around 20mins to return and pick up two finished plates, then while 2 people of our party were still eating set the check down. The only thing she was happy to get done seemed to be the bill. It turned out when we left we saw around half of the staff in the indoor patio portion of the restaurant talking together, maybe it was social hour over customers.

hopkince, Owner at Nick's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

While I am glad that you enjoyed your food, I apologize for the inattentive service you received. Please know, as you can see from many of the other reviews, this is not the norm or accepted behavior we expect from our staff and we take comments like this very seriously and they will be discussed with the server. At the end of the evening, once a server has finished all of their tables and their cleaning work, they do sit in the side dining room to complete their checkout for the evening, so it would not be uncommon to see this at the end of the night, but again these are only supposed to be servers who have finished for the evening and should not be those that are still serving customers.
Again, I apologize for the service you received and I hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with excellent customer care.
Katie

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband enjoyed his steak and I loved by shrimp and scallops. The service was good, and we'll definitely go back the next time we are in Hilton Head.

hopkince, Owner at Nick's Steak and Seafood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback, we are so glad you enjoyed your time with us! We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Hilton Head Island!

Thanks,