“Love the Pittsburgh theme!”

Nick's Steak and Seafood
Ranked #107 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The food was ok. Lobster was excellent but the filet that I ordered medium-rare was actually medium well. Burnt on top and very tough.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during our recent visit & both times had great food and service. The restaurant was surprisingly empty and quiet on both occasions (one being a Saturday night) but the food was great. If we ever get back to HHI, we would eat there again. Hopefully the empty restaurant was a fluke, & not a sign of a struggling business. Great place!

1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I wouldn't make it a point to go back. My sister loved her scallops, but my grouper was ok at best. Service was spotty and not very attentive. Drinks went empty for a long time. If you are a Steelers fan, you will love the décor.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My cousins and I stayed in Hilton Head at Park Lane Hotels for 3 nights and 4 days. Each day we tried something new and found something wrong with them (Blue Marlin). The Blue Marlin's wait was extremely long to where they forgot about us (1 hour long), the waitress did not know the difference between a flounder and talpia to where she pretty much argued with us (without raising her voice) we have the right meals and asked us several times if we were with the group next to us in which each time the reply was NO! We should've stopped in at Nick's first because the food was great, plenty of it and the service was beyond excellent! Being right across the street from where we were staying helped a lot too! Keep up the great work!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've been coming to Hilton Head for over 15 years. I've been eating at Nicks for over half that time, in previous years it has always been very good.

This time however I was very disappointed...when we arrived we were told the wait was about 25-30 minutes (common for this time of year). Over an hour later we were still waiting. My wife and made our way to the bar to enjoy a drink during our wait, we sat at the uncrowded bar for 15 minutes before the bartender took our order. The drinks were ok but after our drinks were empty we weren't offered another drink. When the bartender did finally come back we asked about the crab leg special....turns out the bartender told us the exact opposite and we had to have the manager correct it.

The only positive was that they honored what the bartender had told us and they even gave a trio of desserts for free for the kids. The manager was very nice and genuinely wanted us to enjoy our meal.

I think I would probably go back if it were a last option but honestly the experience as a whole was disappointing. I'm sure its hard to get it right every time, especially during the summer busy season so I'm chalking it up to a long day and hungry kids screaming....maybe the bartender could offer a refill next time.

1  Thank Corey S