“Great, as always. Make it part of your trip”
Review of The Studio

The Studio
Reserve with OpenTable
The Studio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 376 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pope Avenue
Description: Entice Your Senses While You Dine. Innovative International Cuisine, Fine Art Gallery, Artists Creating at the Easel Tapas Tuesday & Wine Tasting Wednesday (Call for Details) Early Dining Discounts Patio Seating Private Dining Room Rated Top Restaurant in Hilton Head Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I've been coming to Hilton Head for 16 years and never have I looked forward to eating at the same place each year. This was our 3rd dining experience with The Studio and I was as full and satisfied this time as I was the first.

We were greeted outside and promptly seated by Jason, who I think is either the owner or manager because I have seen him beore. He told us the specials of the day and gave us a few minutes to look over everything. After we gave him an idea of what we might order he recommended a different glass of wine for my mother and myself, and then made a special non-alcoholic drink for my pregnant wife.

Onto food, we started out with the Vidalia Onion and Crab Bisque, which was ordered by my mom and wife. My father and I figured we'd just eat a few bites, but Jason offered to split them up and I'm pretty sure he gave us all full bowls. I ordered the Palate sampler, that comes out on a plate shaped like an artist palate. Included in this dish is Grouper topped with crab, Filet Mignon, and 3 lamb chops. All three were great, especially the lamb. My wife got the fresh mahi that Jason told us was caught roughly 15 miles out the day before, and it tasted that fresh! Both my parents ordered the NY Strip. My dad taught me to grill a steak back in High School, and he said this was the most tender steak he ever ate. Maybe it was the dirty martini talking, but still it was great. For dessert we had the special, which was some kind of bread pudding made with croissants and topped with ice cream and banana something.

I made the reservations through Open Table and mentioned it was my folks anniversary, Jason made sure to tell them Happy Anniversary several times and even gave us some port with our dessert. Great touch on an already amazing meal.

There are good and bad reviews, and while I could see how the staff and scenery could put people off, there's no way the food could. I've enjoyed it every time, and if you come with an empty stomach and an open mind, I have no doubt you'll have an enjoyable, memorable dining experience. Can't wait to go back next year!

3  Thank BareTruth0827
There are newer reviews for The Studio

Reviewed 8 July 2012

What a lovely restaurant. The atmosphere is great, the food was delicious and the service was exceptional. What a treat to have a live performer singing while we enjoyed our delicious meal. We highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 4 July 2012

That is what my wife posted on her facebook page as soon as we left the restaurant. Our waiter, Jason, was very friendly and knowledgeable. He gave us the perfect amount of attention. The food was outstanding, starting with their great house salad that we shared. My wife then had the Red Grouper topped with crab meat and I had the filet topped with goat cheese over a red wine sauce. Both meals were prepared to perfectly.
The entire dining experience was flawless from start to finish! We both found the atmosphere to be classy, quiet, and romantic.
We would definitely return and highly recommend to others.

1  Thank SteveMurt
Reviewed 29 June 2012

As soon as we arrived, I was surprised this "classy" restaurant was situated in an older office building. Upon entering the establishment, the choice of artwork was not tasteful unless you consider being surrounded by nudity classy. It made me very uncomfortable as nudity seemed to be the only theme that particular evening.

I was further disappointed that the menu was quite small. There were few choices for anyone who doesn't eat seafood or steak. I ended up with a salad but even it was not as good as a salad which could be purchased at Wendy's.

I was practically in tears by the time we left! I have never hated a resturant more. I felt totally duped into thinking this was a classy establishment. It is not! Furthermore, being an artistic experience should mean a range of subject matter is on display.

1  Thank CharAnn
StudioDining04, Owner at The Studio, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

We're very sorry to learn of your visit last June. While everyone has different tastes in art, we would never want our guests to feel uncomfortable. We apologize if you did.

Your comments regarding our salad are equally concerning. We take pride in using fresh, local ingredients, so we can say with confidence that our offerings are far superior to those of the typical fast food chain. That said, we will certainly keep your words in mind as we move forward, in regards to both our decor and our food. Thank you for your candid feedback.

All the best,
Paul and Lunonia

Reviewed 19 June 2012

What was once our favorite vacation restaurant on HHI has now been scratched off of our list. We had reservations noting our desire for a window table. When we showed up for our 8pm reservation, the "local" couple who dashed in ahead of us were given the table. The owner actually had to prepare another table once ours had been given away. Petty.....perhaps. But sitting in front of a speaker blaring music in your ear and overhearing the local couple enjoying the fact that they scored our table does not make for a wonderful evening. Never again, there are simply too many other options available on the island.

3  Thank Travis S