“Scary” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Georgia
“Scary”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I wish we'd have read the reviews before booking. WE DID NOT STAY HERE. We were given
a " parking pass " though there is no parking. 6 spots for the entire hotel. You have to park in the back behind a gated complex, down a deserted road. Two guys hanging out in a panel van. Not a safe place to leave your car or walk at night. After we were told to come back at 4pm, a man followed us out of the hotel to our car and asked if we were single because they had a ladies special going on at the hotel. We said no and we're not interested. He ran back inside and disappeared. The front desk had no idea who he was, so she claimed. We just had a very bad feeling about the place. The pool was closed. We went elsewhere and cancelled this one. Good thing too. When we mentioned the hotel to anyone, they knew exactly what we were talking about. We are not HHI " snobs " as someone referred to vacationers. Just normal people looking for a clean, affordable stay. We come here yearly and have always had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We didn't get that far
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank klsulli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mount Prospect, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

2nd time in vacation at Metropolitan Hotel, Hilton Head Island. Same like last year, very clean room, good service, excellent bar and restaurant at 1st floor. The front desk needs a little bit training. I will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Decebal-40
Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Look, this place inst the Hilton. Not even close. The parking is terrible, the hotel is hot, and you're lucky if someone is at the front desk. But if you and some friends want an ok, cheap place to stay its really not that bad. I just did 2 nights there and it was perfectly acceptable. Its very close tot he beach, its close to Sea Pines and Harbour Town, and there's a fun little bar and restaurant in it to pass the time late at night. I honestly dont have very much to complin about. I had fun, I felt clean and there was no issue at all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Spartanburg, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I travel a lot.........This was set up for a party we were having at HHI & IF I ever come back to HHI I will make my own reservations. This hotel lacks the very bare essentials. No bag service, no internet in the rooms, not eve coffee in the mornings!!!!..........You have to go to the lobby to use the internet. The A/C is noisy .............. minimal towels in the rooms. The overall condition of the property is poor. Parking is a nightmare.
If I were looking for a place to stay I would keep looking.................Don't waste your time or money at this place...................IT'S A DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ballihai
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

I'd like to back up some of the bad reviews first. This was not our first stay here so we kind of knew what to expect. The parking is horrible unless your lucky enough to get one of the 6 spots right at the hotel. Otherwise your parking back an alley about a block away.
I don't know why most complain about the distance from the beach. Unless your staying on the beach (which is $100-200 more), its one of the closest places to the beach.
Now, we rented a Jr suite and only had 2 towels at first - but all we had to do is ask and the staff gladly kept us up with clean towels for the week. We were told we'd have a regular fridge. Wrong - got a mini fridge.
The pool is closed indefinitely. We were told because its not handicap accessible.
The room was OK and large.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank jbrian65
Salisbury, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

PROS: The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. The front desk service from the man and woman was nice and friendly.
It served the purpose.
CONS: Only offered half of the amenities that they had claimed to have. There were no phones in the rooms, no wi-fi in the rooms, Pool was out of order. I never got the golf cart ride to the beach as they had offered. No maid brought towels or toiletries. The balcony was more like a LEDGE. (2 ft. wide at best). The parking was aweful. (In a dark back lot behind another hotel.)
I actually feel that this hotel should be charged with false advertisement and I plan to call the Better Business Bureau.
I got half of what they offered, so I'll take half my money back now.

Room Tip: No tip. It served the purpose if you are just looking for somewhere to sleep for $90.00.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank A H
CHARLOTTE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

went to this hotel with my son and family in june to find that it was not that close to the beach,than find out it has no parking space for handle cap parking had to park down by another hotel and than walk back up the the hotel we stayed in.when entering the room it was nice and rooming,the refrigerator was not defrost,spot on the draper,some yellow stuff in sink,and a smell in the roomed that we had to go bilo for spray for the smell.i am disable and my hands and feets swell when I walk to far. will not stay there again.and my son room the air condition don,t work and the carpet was wet, the ceiling was badly damage and a smell also,but we put it behind us and had a great time anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends