“Main Street Cafe & Pub - The Main Reason To Go”

Main Street Cafe & Pub
Ranked #17 of 377 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving seafood, steaks, southern favorites and "pub fare with a creative flair" Serving ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB LEGS AFTER 5:00 PM 6 NIGHTS A WEEK..... OPEN SUNDAYS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO LABOR DAY WEENKEND
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had an opportunity to meet a friend for lunch on a recent trip to Hilton Head Island. It was a ‘let’s catch up’ lunch; we live in the same Ohio city. She has just landed a law office internship for the summer; I was down for several days at our vacation home.

Where to have a quiet lunch where we could spend a couple of hours, not feel rushed, sit outside weather permitting, and have good food? There were many venues to choose from but I was drawn to Main Street Café and Pub because of the Main Street Village location adjacent to Hilton Head Plantation, casual atmosphere, friendly service and promise of “pub fare with a creative flair.”
It’s also a neighborhood venue and a “locals” favorite.

I went to the website and decided on my choice: grilled salmon spinach salad. I knew it would be a refreshing choice a sunny, hot day. The restaurant is perfectly located in Main Street Village: ample parking across from the restaurant which also shares a parking lot with the Harris Teeter food market. Several boutique and specialty shops are located just down the lane from the café making for a great way to walk off your lunch. These very friendly and accommodating shopkeepers only add to a memorable visit. The restaurant is inland; there are no water views.

When I entered the cool, airy and naturally lit space, I was greeted by two colleagues and shown to a corner umbrella table on the patio. I was able to see my friend arrive and lead her to our table directly from the parking lot. Our waitress, Cindy, was delightful. She was attentive, interested in our stories, and knowledgeable about the menu. She kept our iced tea glasses filled which was a good thing since it was very hot outside. After the cold Ohio winter, we were just glad for the bone-warming, thawing- out heat.

I ordered the grilled salmon spinach salad “ served over an Organic Spinach salad with pecans,
cran-raisins, mandarin oranges, onions, blue cheese crumbles, bacon, and served with a Pear Gorgonzola vinaigrette.” My friend had the Greek salad “Seasoned lamb strips, Feta cheese, artichoke hearts, green peppers & onions over mixed greens with pita points and our homemade balsamic vinaigrette.“ Both were generously sized and fragrant. We talked and talked; drank and drank iced tea. Did we want dessert? Sure. Why not? Cindy had many recommendations. We stopped listening when we heard: Key Lime Pie. Oh, my. We could have split the piece had we known the size.

But what the heck. We tucked into our pieces with promises of doubling our running mileage the next day. Suuure.

After lunch, we window shopped and stopped in a few shops. I can't say we walked off that Key Lime Pie but it was a pleasant way to end our lunch on Main Street.

faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. You ordered 2 of my favorite salads. The Salmon Salad and the Greek Salad. They are very poplar. What a great choice in the Key lime pie. We are often told it is the best people have ever had.
The patio is a great way to dine.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've eaten crab legs all over the world and these were by far the best. The service was exceptional and Samantha, our bartender/waitress, was very attentive and friendly. The all you can eat crab legs came out hot and delicious every time. The homemade dessert menu was extensive and the tiramisu was excellent. Will definitely be back and would highly recommend to anyone.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed the All you can eat Crab Legs .We think they are some of the best also. Sam is a great bartender and we are so glad you enjoyed her service. The Tiramisu is a new addition to our dessert menu made by our assistant manager. Good stuff!!

Thanks again

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I went with a group of four for dinner last night and was not impressed. When we arrived there were not many people in the restaurant yet everyone seemed too busy to seat us. It was a long wait before our waitress took our drink order. After she took our food order we did not see her again for another 30 minutes...until I had to hunt her down to get refills. The food was not good at all and the service was horrible! I will not be going back!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Have been going to this café for over 7 yeas and the food is very consistent and good quality. Fresh sea food and really enjoy the service and good food.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your patronage over the last 7 years. We are so grateful to the guest that return to us year after year.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are on the Island

Thanks again

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Good service, nice casual setting, pretty darn reliably tasty and fresh food. My only issue was that the number of salads and healthy, low calorie choices (not fried) foods were insufficient. You can eat inside and outside on a patio much of the year and it's quite delightful and the staff is attentive. Wish they would have more selections with calorie notations or healthy designations.

faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review . We so appreciate the feedback. Although we do no have calorie or nutritional information on the menu like many big corporations, we will happily accommodate any diet to the best of our ability. We have 13 salads on our menu. Any that are done with fried items we will happily grill, blacken or broil. On your next visit please ask and we will happily accommodate you to the best of our ability. WE are so glad you enjoyed everything else and we look forward to seeing you again. I hope this does not sound defensive it is meant to be informative. We accommodates different dietary needs all the time and are happy to do so.