“Impressive place with great food!”

Main Street Cafe & Pub
Ranked #24 of 380 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving seafood, steaks, southern favorites and "pub fare with a creative flair" Serving ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB LEGS AFTER 5:00 PM 6 NIGHTS A WEEK..... OPEN SUNDAYS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO LABOR DAY WEENKEND
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was in Hilton Head on business and my associate and I decided to stop here for dinner on the way home. We wanted to try something local...not a national chain. Since we had a 2.5 hr drive home, we wanted somewhere where we could sit and be out in about 30 min. GPS pointed us to this place and we said, why not? When we got there, it was almost 6 pm on a Saturday night, and not many people inside. We were immediately greeted when walking in and seated. Atmosphere had TVs at the bar, and candlelight at the tables. We were immediately attended to by our waiter. We got drinks (just tea..which I will tell you now is not that sweet. We think they cater to the northern retirees for the southerners reading this...lol). After a couple minutes, the waiter came back to get our order. We placed it and everything after that came out very quickly. I had my pre-dinner salad within 2 minutes after ordering. The main course came out about 7 minutes after that. I got the pork dinner entree...which was absolutely fantastic!! Prices were decent, not too high but not too cheap, either. My meal was about $18 and had enough food to match. We were paying for our checks about 35 min after sitting down, which was perfect! Next time in Hilton Head, I plan to bring my wife here to check it out as well...thanks for a great experience!

faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you had such a fantastic experience. We looking forward to your return with your wife. It was interesting to read your remarks about how long everything took . It sounds like you have had some corporate training. We are glad we met your expectations .

We look forward to your return visit

partner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

There's nothing especially fancy or unique about Main Street, but the food is good! I had the fried green tomato BLT and sweet potato fries and they were both excellent! I would have given 5 stars except a large group came in and sat at the table next to us and our waiter completely ignored our table after that. I wanted to order dessert to try the key lime pie but after waiting and waiting I finally ran him down for a check and skipped dessert.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. WE are so glad you enjoyed everything. WE have reviewed the situation that occurred with your server. Have explained to him the appropriate way to handle the situation. The group that came in was a little larger then we had been told so adjustments had to be made however the last thing we want is for other customers to be effected. We truly apologize.
We look forward to seeing you next time

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Would you like to pay $5.99 for your child to eat Kraft Mac and Cheese and a small cup of mandarin oranges (no drink included)? Then do I have a place for you! In all seriousness- the food here wasn't bad (it wasn't great either). It was just way too much money for what you got- both in quality and quantity. This place was average in every way- except for price. There are many better places to eat on HHI. Save your money.

1  Thank TN20something

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so sorry you feel as though we are over rated and over priced. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to the Island and were able to find restaurants to satisfy you.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had an opportunity to meet a friend for lunch on a recent trip to Hilton Head Island. It was a ‘let’s catch up’ lunch; we live in the same Ohio city. She has just landed a law office internship for the summer; I was down for several days at our vacation home.

Where to have a quiet lunch where we could spend a couple of hours, not feel rushed, sit outside weather permitting, and have good food? There were many venues to choose from but I was drawn to Main Street Café and Pub because of the Main Street Village location adjacent to Hilton Head Plantation, casual atmosphere, friendly service and promise of “pub fare with a creative flair.”
It’s also a neighborhood venue and a “locals” favorite.

I went to the website and decided on my choice: grilled salmon spinach salad. I knew it would be a refreshing choice a sunny, hot day. The restaurant is perfectly located in Main Street Village: ample parking across from the restaurant which also shares a parking lot with the Harris Teeter food market. Several boutique and specialty shops are located just down the lane from the café making for a great way to walk off your lunch. These very friendly and accommodating shopkeepers only add to a memorable visit. The restaurant is inland; there are no water views.

When I entered the cool, airy and naturally lit space, I was greeted by two colleagues and shown to a corner umbrella table on the patio. I was able to see my friend arrive and lead her to our table directly from the parking lot. Our waitress, Cindy, was delightful. She was attentive, interested in our stories, and knowledgeable about the menu. She kept our iced tea glasses filled which was a good thing since it was very hot outside. After the cold Ohio winter, we were just glad for the bone-warming, thawing- out heat.

I ordered the grilled salmon spinach salad “ served over an Organic Spinach salad with pecans,
cran-raisins, mandarin oranges, onions, blue cheese crumbles, bacon, and served with a Pear Gorgonzola vinaigrette.” My friend had the Greek salad “Seasoned lamb strips, Feta cheese, artichoke hearts, green peppers & onions over mixed greens with pita points and our homemade balsamic vinaigrette.“ Both were generously sized and fragrant. We talked and talked; drank and drank iced tea. Did we want dessert? Sure. Why not? Cindy had many recommendations. We stopped listening when we heard: Key Lime Pie. Oh, my. We could have split the piece had we known the size.

But what the heck. We tucked into our pieces with promises of doubling our running mileage the next day. Suuure.

After lunch, we window shopped and stopped in a few shops. I can't say we walked off that Key Lime Pie but it was a pleasant way to end our lunch on Main Street.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. You ordered 2 of my favorite salads. The Salmon Salad and the Greek Salad. They are very poplar. What a great choice in the Key lime pie. We are often told it is the best people have ever had.
The patio is a great way to dine.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've eaten crab legs all over the world and these were by far the best. The service was exceptional and Samantha, our bartender/waitress, was very attentive and friendly. The all you can eat crab legs came out hot and delicious every time. The homemade dessert menu was extensive and the tiramisu was excellent. Will definitely be back and would highly recommend to anyone.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you enjoyed the All you can eat Crab Legs .We think they are some of the best also. Sam is a great bartender and we are so glad you enjoyed her service. The Tiramisu is a new addition to our dessert menu made by our assistant manager. Good stuff!!