“Very nice casual dinner”

Truffles Cafe Sea Pines
Ranked #71 of 374 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$6 - US$34
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Very nice casual dinner”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Had a great dinner with family. The food is excellent. Nothing fancy but it is good. Had pasta with shrimps in a spicy sauce and it was fantastic (cooked right). Good pasta is difficult to find. My wife had the crab cakes and they were also good. One of my kid had the filet and nothing was left on the plate. They also have kids' menus. The only draw back is the wine which is rather expensive.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank fromagelover54273

Orangeburg, South Carolina
“Reliable, very good Sea Pines dining”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Dinner here without the children, though there were a fair number of children having dinner. Very good food - not great or innovative, but tasty and reliable. We have eaten here many times over many years and it never disappoints.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mmcgannon
DC
“Great Place”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We really enjoyed Truffles and will def. come back when on the Island. Great drinks, food and service. ~~~ Loved it

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ROM550
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Being a resident I have frequented both Truffles Cafe and the Grille on Pope. General decline in food and service. Sorry to see them decline to a "tourist" restaurant. Please hire more competent servers and control quality and consistency of food from kitchen.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bruce T
Price B, Owner at Truffles Cafe Sea Pines, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Bruce T,
I am sorry that our service and food was not up to our standard during your visit. Would please call me with specifics? I would really appreciate it, as doing so will enable me to address the issues with those responsible. We have a lot of great people on our teams that try very hard to do deliver an enjoyable experience and it is unfortunate that another has represented them so poorly. I am not sure what you mean when you say that "we have declined to a tourist restaurant" as we try to treat all of our guests with the same regard.
Price Beall
843 785 3130
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Still a favorite”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family always visits Truffles in Sea Pines when on vacation. The food is consistently good and well priced. In over 20 visits, I had only one issue that was immediately addressed. I ordered a BBQ pork sandwich that was just too spicey for me to eat....the waiter replaced it with another selection very quickly, and when the bill came, even removed that charge!! I was in shock since the second meal was terrific. They have my loyalty for life!! Not to mention that the dessert menu (which has been shortened a bit) is the best on the island.....you must try the Blondie...and share with at least one other.....sinfully delicious.
I do agree that a sweater or wrap is needed if you are in a sundress...the AC is VERY effective! All in all Truffles is still one of my top restaurants on Hilton Head.

• Visited July 2014