“great bakery” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Bakeries in Hilton Head
Coal City, Illinois
“great bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

wonderful confections, great coffee, and fine service, and relaxing , to sit and smell the wonderful treats.

Visited January 2011

Charlotte suburb
“Decadent desserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2009

La Luna Bakery is located in the back corner of Coligny Plaza (the side nearest the beach). It is a small free-standing building with a little BAKERY sign out front.
The cooler held just about every pastry you could imagine -- and a few I'd never heard of. I picked out a HUMONGOUS brownie with cream cheese frosting. It had to be about 4" x 5" (took me 3 days to finish it) and was $4. My son picked the same brownie but with chocolate frosting. Oddly it only took him about 5 minutes to polish it off. My husband chose an eclair that he described as the best he's ever had -- also $4. My youngest child chose a large chocolate chip cookie (unfortunately I can't remember the price). There was a large assortment of cookies -- some in the shape of fish & alligators, some frosted. There were scones, doughnuts, meringues. We could tell they were all freshly made, nothing was uniform like they were factory-made.
There was an indoor dining area and also a covered patio with cafe tables & chairs. We didn't have time to stay & eat. Once we got our order, we headed back to the car.
All of the pastries were divine & well worth the price. The only problem we had was with my husband's latte. He started drinking it on the way back to our condo & realized the lady who made it must have forgotten to put the shot of espresso in it. It tasted like steamed milk. I guessed that she merely forgot since there was a line forming behind us & she was the only one in the shop at the time.
There are plenty of restaurants in Coligny Plaza to enjoy dinner. I would suggest a stop at the bakery for dessert afterward.

• 5 of 5 bubbles