“Our first round on HHI”

Arthur Hills Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Arthur Hills took full advantage of the Lowcountry's dramatic coastal beauty when he designed this award-winning course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort located on Hilton Head Island. Tucked within the serene enclave of Leamington, this shot-maker's favorite offers continuous lines of dunes, a rolling layout, numerous water hazards and thick stands of palmettos. This course emphasizes accuracy and precision over distance, providing formidable challenges at every turn.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was the first course we played on Hilton Head island and it made it very difficult for the other courses to keep up to there standard. Small tip, if you buy a snack at the 10th keep it with you when you go to putt out, the crows steal it of your buggy if you don't , amazing to see.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had a 7:12 am t-time, I was a single, they teamed me up with 3 other guys, who got their early.
The starter sent them off early at 6:55, never said anything to me putting on the putting green!
I show up for my t-time and the starter says "sorry" I guess you"ll have to catch up with them, I did not get to play the first 3 holes, they told me I could play those holes that I missed when we finished 18, 15 carts waiting to tee off on number 1, to say the least I only got to play 15 holes and they still charged me the full price $110.00! The greens were really bad, but just the whole experience was not what you want on vacation! VERY SNOOTY place! I played a lot of other courses at HH, half the cost , challenging, and they actually were happy you were their!!

PalmettoDunes, Manager at Arthur Hills Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at the Arthur Hills course. We apologize and regret that you had a poor experience at our golf course. We pride ourselves on our golf courses and your experience is unacceptable. That is not how we typically operate and it is certainly not how we should treat our guests. We value all of our guests and their feedback and want to make sure this is handled immediately so these issues do not happen again. Please contact the head professional at the Hills course, Samm Wolfe, as soon as possible at 843-816-1571. More information such as the exact date you played and your full name will help properly address what happened. Again, we apologize and look forward to hearing from you so we can try to make this right.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I are fortunate to spend two months each spring at Palmetto Dunes. A reason we keeping returning is the golf at Arthur Hills. This is a resort course which in our opinion compares favorably with some of the top private courses nationwide. For a course that gets a lot of play it's exceptional. Early in the morning it's like a nature walk, all kinds of birds and wildlife, and golf on a pristine course. The staff is friendly, helpful and hospitable. We enjoy lessons, advice and humor from an exceptional golf professional Samm Wolfe. We look forward to our next round at Arthur Hills. MWool, Charlotte, VT

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have played a number of Arthur Hill courses around the US; this is by far the worst.

The greens are in terrible condition, as is the overall grooming of the golf course. At 3 PM the starter goes home although there are still for that to five hours of daylight left. There was no one on the golf course to keep the groups moving. There was a foursome in front of us that took two hours on the first four holes despite signs reminding golfers to keep the pace of play up.

My recommendation: find someplace else to play.

PalmettoDunes, Manager at Arthur Hills Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback about your round at the Arthur Hills course. We sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations and that you were unsatisfied with the course conditions and pace of play. This is not acceptable to us as we strive to make sure ever guest at our golf courses has an enjoyable time. The head pro and manager of the Hills course, Samm Wolfe, would like to speak with you to find out more details such as the date you played, etc. Please call Samm at 843-816-1571. We pride ourselves on our three championship golf courses and the additional information you provide will help us pinpoint the problems and will help us improve. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Probably the best course of the 3 in the package, great set up and challenging layout. Facilities at the course are very good.