“Lessons with Doug Weaver”

Arthur Hills Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Arthur Hills took full advantage of the Lowcountry's dramatic coastal beauty when he designed this award-winning course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort located on Hilton Head Island. Tucked within the serene enclave of Leamington, this shot-maker's favorite offers continuous lines of dunes, a rolling layout, numerous water hazards and thick stands of palmettos. This course emphasizes accuracy and precision over distance, providing formidable challenges at every turn.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lessons with Doug Weaver”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I'm the coach of a college golf team and we have been stopping at Palmetto Dunes specifically to take a lesson with Doug Weaver for the past 5 years. This has proven to be a great launch to our spring season. Doug has been great working with the guys and individually addressing their specific issues. We have addressed course management, mental game and swing mechanics and we walk away with new ideas to improve our games. We have had good success as a team and we can give Doug a lot of credit for helping us start our season the right way. This year we focused on our mental games and taking the concepts Doug shared we won our conference and went to the NCAA National Championship. Thanks Doug!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Troy B

South Burlington, Vermont
“First Class Golf Experience”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hilton Head has several courses to offer a traveler. After playing close to 10 different courses the one that I will always play again is Arthur Hills. From the staff to the course everything has always been first class. The course is challenging but fair. So golfers of all levels can enjoy it. The staff is friendly and courteous and spent a great deal of time answering all my questions about golf and other things to do in the surrounding area. They were also honest about the aeration work they were doing on the course the last time I played there. In spite of that I was still able to enjoy my golf outing tremendously. .

Glendora, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Grand Dame”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Yes, I know it was just aerated: Everybody told me - twice. But I played the Arthur Hills course anyway, and while it wasn't in the best shape, I thought the course was decent, and we had a great time. They discounted for the condition, so I thought that was fair. What doesn't seem to be fair is that their moderately poor conditions didn't translate to my moderately better play. Now THAT would have been a good bargain!

Visited June 2014
Rincon, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Great Shot Makers Course”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The course provides an excellent test of your golfing skills. The staff was friendly and helpful. Course was in exceptional shape.

Falkirk region
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Our first round on HHI”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was the first course we played on Hilton Head island and it made it very difficult for the other courses to keep up to there standard. Small tip, if you buy a snack at the 10th keep it with you when you go to putt out, the crows steal it of your buggy if you don't , amazing to see.