“Tough, forced carries, tight fairways, challenging”

Arthur Hills Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Arthur Hills took full advantage of the Lowcountry's dramatic coastal beauty when he designed this award-winning course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort located on Hilton Head Island. Tucked within the serene enclave of Leamington, this shot-maker's favorite offers continuous lines of dunes, a rolling layout, numerous water hazards and thick stands of palmettos. This course emphasizes accuracy and precision over distance, providing formidable challenges at every turn.
NYC
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Tough, forced carries, tight fairways, challenging”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Nice course. But tough. A couple of forced carries and visually tight fairways with water made it more challenging.

Greens were ok.

Visited August 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great golf lesson with Edward Sires at Palmetto Dunes: Arthur Hills Golf Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to do a golf vacation. Of course Hilton Head is a great place to go to golf. We wanted to play a variety of courses and also fine tune our game with some lessons. I've had many lessons in the past and my lesson with Edward Sires was hands down the best. I really like his teaching style. My husband and I played a round right after my lesson. Typically, one would expect a chaotic round of golf after a lesson, coupled with breaking in a new set of clubs. My husband and I were blown away how well I played right after my lesson. My husband also had a great lesson with Edward the following morning. Moving forward, we want to come to Hilton Head for one week every summer for a golf vacation and when we do, I will always schedule lessons with Edward. He's just a good guy and a great teacher. If you are a golfer in Hilton Head, do yourself a favor and schedule a lesson with Edward Sires at Palmetto Dunes: Arthur Hills Golf Course.

Lisa Shea
Pennsylvania

Atlanta
“Very good track.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Nice track. Course was in good shape. A lot of shots that made you think. I liked it better than the Trent Jones course nearby. I would play it again.

Visited August 2014
Panama City Beach, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pretty course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Challenging course with subtle elevation changes, winds to make you think about your shots, but never worrying about landing in a badly maintained area to hit a shot. Nice pro shop, friendly and attentive staff.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have played the Robert Trent Jones and Fazio courses on Hilton Head's Palmetto Dunes Plantation before, but this was my first round on the Arthur Hills course. Excellent, friendly service. Very nice clubhouse and pro shop. Beautiful course in excellent condition. Challenging layout with plenty of water, but not too tough for the average golfer (I typically shoot in the high 80's). I'd high recommend this course.

1 Thank JPofSC