“Happy Happy NYD” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Winery

Island Winery
Ranked #38 of 116 things to do in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Winery is a small winery who handcrafts a large variety of wines from fresh local fruits and fresh grapes grown from world renown vineyards. We have an onsite store and offer free tastings. We also serve Wine Flights & Cheese and host a Happy Hour in our barrel room.
georgia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Happy Happy NYD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I love wineries and was excited to see the Island winery show up on my google search. I arrived early afternoon and the small parking lot was full; however, there was one space for me. The winery was having a special for $10, either champagne with cranberry juice or 3 glasses of wine plus a cheese plate. Also you could just have free tastings at the bar and not in the barrel room. I started with the free tastings because I was concerned about drinking three glasses of wine and driving. I only tried red wines and they were good. I decided to try the special since it was such a great value even if I only had one glass on wine. The cheese platter had five different cheeses( aged white cheddar, Swiss, cheddar, smoked Gouda and a fiery white cheese), grapes and crackers. I tried the margarita wine (not a fan) and the southern passion(loved it). This was a fun and tasty way to spend some time on a rainy or any other afternoon!

Visited January 2014

New Jersey
992 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,155 helpful votes
“A surprise to us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We did not expect a winery on Hilton Head Island but here it is with surprisingly good wines. We stopped by for the free tasting but many customers enjoyed 3 glasses of wine and cheese deal for $ 10. They have particularly good 2012 Chardonnay, good 2011 Tempranillo and 2011 Sangiovese.

Visited November 2013
Concordia, Missouri
“Great way to spend some time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

What better place to stop in a girlfriends weekend than a winery! Judy was very knowledgable and great fun to talk to. We purchased the wine flight with appetizer and really enjoyed ourselves. Great way to spend some time.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
156 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Definitely worth checking out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I had the wine flight for two which consisted of six full pours of the wines of our choice. They had about 10 to 12 to choose from. In addition, the flight/tasting included a largish plate of cheese, crackers and grapes. We ended up purchasing a bottle after the tasting. Friendly service and some very good wines as well!

Carmel, IN
“Island Winery; terrific way to spend an hour or so”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

While not the biggest enophyles, we like to try small batch wineries as we travel. What impressed us here was the SUPER FRIENDLY staff: They took extra time to assist families with small children...well beyond "the call of duty". This improved the atmosphere in the barrel room and fostered an opportunity to chat with fellow travelers. A charming place.