“Quiet and well kept”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Lake Aire RV Park & Campground
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Nice little park, it is very quiet and had several families staying. The area is rustic with a nice lake and wooded area surrounding it. The lots are not wooded however and are close together. The pool was very clean and clear, the restrooms were clean. No noise or rowdiness at all, there is a train that runs nearby, but it did not bother me at all, I guess if you have never lived near a train it may be an issue as shown in some other reviews. There numerous gas stations just outside the park and a grocery and a wal-mart fairly close. Downtown Charleston is a straight shot down US17. Definitely a nice place to stay, especially for a family, if visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I don't know what Campground DAN.S stayed at. He doesn't describe the campground we stayed at. We stayed at Lake Aire park over the 4th. We had a blast there and in Charleston. The Bathhouses were VERY clean and NOT dilapidated. When we were there they county had to shut down one lane of I-26 northbound due to a sink hole. I don't think it was the states fault. Nor would I fault the a campground owner for the rain either. Apparently they've had a lot of rain in the "LowCountry" lately. There were what I saw only a couple sites that were muddy. It looked like "to me" the staff were doing everything they could to keep people accommodated. They were very busy. Just throwing this out there<<<< Before you go on VAC, do 2 things: A) check the weather B) Get a hotel room instead of camping if you don't like bugs, rain ect.
My stay was awesome there. My kids had a great time swimming in the "clean" pool, fishing in the pond. The 4th party they had was geared exclusively for kids, with alot of activities and a BBQ. I think the slip and slide was the hit. The fireworks were awesome. My kids watched them from in the pool.
Look, I usually don't pipe up on these forums. We're looking to camp in the upstate in a couple weeks, so I was browsing and saw the reviews for this place. I only give credit where credit is due, and Dan.S's review was an inaccurate depiction of the CG and very unfair. My 2 cents......

7  Thank My2Cents_13
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We had an amazing time during our stay. The entrance really impressed my husband. Lots to do in the campground. We went trail walking, fishing, kayaking ,ride bikes, did bbq. Swimming was great even though it rained it cleared out through out the day. Costumer service was great. The owners seems to enjoy interacting with the visitors with all visitors.

6  Thank luznoboa38
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The good: We experienced very pleasant interactions with the staff. They were very accommodating and concerned about our comfort. The utilities were easy to reach (30 amp, full service site) and we have had no problem with them. The pool is clean and has plenty of chairs. The campground is clean and maintained. Playground looks fairly new, and my children have enjoyed it. The pond is shaded, pretty, and fishing (catch and release) is allowed. The wi-fi is great. It is an easy log on and relatively fast on my ipad. No cable available, but we were able to get several channels with our antenna. The campground is in a great location. It is off the beaten path just enough for quiet and nature but grocery stores, restaurants, shopping, and beautiful Charleston are very close.
The not so good: The water smells like rotten eggs. This is probably more of a SC low country issue than campground issue. My advice is to bring plenty of bottled water to drink and gallon sized water to cook with. Seriously - the only thing you are going to want to do with the utility water is wash with it and flush your toilet. Another thing - we arrived after the area had experienced unusually heavy rains. Some of the sites were pretty flooded. My advice is to ask for a site that is not prone to flooding. In defense of the owners, they seem to be placing campers on the drier sites, and they sent someone out to spread gravel.
The "depends on who you are": I read some reviews about the train. The tracks are close but not so close that you can see the train tracks from the campground. Yes, we have heard the train but we like hearing it, (I grew up hearing trains so it is honestly kind of a nice sound to me.) It has not disturbed anyone's sleep in our family (and my 6 year old is a very light sleeper.) With our camper's a/c running, we barely hear it at all.
All in all, I rate this campground a nice place to stay to enjoy the Charleston area.

Room Tip: Ask for a site that is not prone to flooding.
3  Thank Josiepaws
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My family stayed here and fell in love. We enjoyed the Fourth of July activities that was put on for all the campers that include a slip and slide, cook out and even games for the kids. There was a great firework show that followed that was fantastic. The campground workers and owners are some of the best I've dealt with. We love the clean pool and absolutely love the woodsy atmosphere. If your looking for a true camping experience this is the place to go. The pond is peaceful and my kids love fishing in it. We enjoyed our stay at Lake Aire and cant wait to make a return visit!

3  Thank luvtocamp1998
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The lady in the front is extremely rude. And upon asking her to work something out, she just would not, everything was simply "no". What they want you to use as a "road" is simply not a road, it's a mud hole that keep getting filled up with gravel, literally they were filling up gravel RIGHT outside our tent. I've been to many campsite in my tent, and this is by far the worst. People are allowed to jut come up to your tent because they aren't spaced out. Did I mention the smell the place has? It's from ALL the mud holes everywhere. They DO NOT cut their grass. The bathe houses are not only far, but VERY gross.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Yourheadache
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Granted, we probably didn't go at the best time with all the rain, but this campground left a lot to be desired. As a tent camper, we didn't get the spot we paid for because several sites were flooded and someone had moved into ours when we got there. We had to settle for a spot directly in the sun. The bath house is quite a walk from the tent sites. Most people would need to drive there. The water pressure in the shower is awful. The pond looked like a nice fishing hole and the kids enjoyed the playground, but it's doubtful that we'd return for a second visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Been to Lake Aire RV Park & Campground? Share your experiences!