“Vacation from South Africa”
Review of Seaside Inn

Seaside Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is an ideal place if you want to be right on the beach, it couldn't be any closer. Clean rooms, friendly staff, cute pool which we made good use of when it got to hot on the beach. Restaurants all within walking distance. Very festive all the time. Yay! For the aircons that work all day and night! Only advice is breakfast could be a bit better and also maybe to supply guests with umbrellas cause you can't sit out there without one, so we had to purchase one. Great that the supply beach towels and permanent water, fruit juices and coffees 24/7. We also were lucky enough to get a last minute room and sea facing. Awesome. Under cover parking but at an extra cost. I certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs beautiful views, we were lucky to get just that.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

We certainly appreciate you kind words about our Inn and our staff. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and am pleased you chose our hotel for you vacation. We do work with and have information for companies that rent umbrellas and chairs at front desk for our guests but providing them is something I will look into, thank you. Providing beach towels was a guest suggestion years ago and that has been a nice amenity for our guests, so hopefully we can figure something out with umbrellas. We do charge a reasonable parking fee of $5.00 per day vs. $1.00 per hour the City charges. I appreciate your time, kind words, and suggestions in your review. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you next time you visit our area.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We took our grand child down for a beach trip before school started. We found the rooms to be a little small and dated. However location was perfect. I would recommend this place. The staff was very helpful and easy to deal with.
A little pricey, but as indication location was what you are paying for.

Room Tip: I think most of the rooms are the same, but if you can get ocean front, you will have a great view.
2  Thank Jerry B
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and making sure all our guests are well taken care of. Being we just completed our room renovations with all new flooring, flat screen TV's, granite counters, bedding, light fixtures, and beds, your comment about the rooms being "dated" surprised me a little. In any event, I am glad you chose to stay with us and we sure hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had reservations at the Seaside Inn. I can only say that Shane who we had never met was at the reservation desk and was extremely accommodating and deserved a 5 star rating.As far as the hotel I have seen better and did not stay there.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart K
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I agree Shane is a 5 star employee and thank you for saying so. As for rating the hotel in the other categories, I wish you would have actually stayed with us to make your review as accurate as it could be. I would like to hear your opinion, so I encourage you to actually stay with us next time you are in town and give the Seaside Inn another rating. Thank you for taking time to compliment Shane. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The rooms are very small. Do not upgade to an ocean front room! Ocean front opens you up to all of the hotel traffic and your patio is also open to all of the guests. I paid extra and never opened the drapes and blinds....too many people can see right into your room. You also have to deal with the noise, with the traffic comes lots of chatter. The rooms are not cleaned daily, you need to ask for fresh towels. The pool is not a full size pool, it's really tiny. The only postitive thing about this hotel is the location. It is close to lots of restaurants and shopping.

3  Thank T R
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review about the Seaside Inn. The room you stayed in does currently open up to the common balcony that all our guests enjoy. There are only two rooms currently set up that way and we are in the process of making them more private following our recent renovation. Most guests do not seem to mind but I certainly understand how you feel. We of course clean every room every day however our housekeeping report shows a "Do Not Disturb" sign was on your door, but if for some reason that is not accurate I apologize. I would hope you would visit us again and please call me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you again for staying with us!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had never been to this area before and just loved it. The hotel Is waterfront and in the heart of things. It was just perfect for us. Rooms are smaller than big city hotel rooms, but that's okay, we were rarely in the room. Bathrooms updated. Nice TV and fridge. Microwave too I think. Beds were comfortable. Staff was very pleasant and nice especially Shane. Right on the beach are volleyball nets, so bring your volleyballs! Hotel sits at the end of the hotel row and where big pretty water front homes sit. Makes for interesting walks on the beach. There is a pier there too. Beaches were clean and sand soft. If you get up before 9 it's still early to get a jog in before the beach gets too crowded. Good beach for running on either barefoot or in running shoes. We opted for a waterview room. That was perfect. They also have chairs on the 1st floor you can sit in and watch the waves. Waves were nice here too. Not too rough. Hotel offer a nice standard breakfast w/eggs and fruit and breads and juices. Only minor gripes w/some housekeeping issues. Housekeeping is outsourced and would forget to replenish enough towels and soaps. First night noticed hair in the shower. they took care of everything and it was minor. I would definitely stay here again. Good value. great location. nice little hotel.

2  Thank DebbiefromMaryland
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time review the Seaside Inn. With our renovation just being completed, I am pleased to hear your comments about the rooms and the property. You described the Isle of Palms very well. Visitors love our beach, shopping, restaurants, and activities that the Island offers. I am glad were able to address your housekeeping issues timely and you left the Seaside Inn wanting to return. We are working hard every day on the "details" so all our guests want to return to stay with us. Thank you for staying with us we can't wait to make your next stay 100% perfect!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great experience, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Shane at the front desk went above and beyond to guarantee we felt welcomed. We stayed in an ocean view room and the view was everything we expected. I highly recommend staying at the seaside inn and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank sammyevenisko

I am so pleased you were happy with your stay with us. I will be sure to share with Shane and the rest of the staff your kind words about how friendly and helpful they were. That is our goal with each and every guest and it is nice to hear we accomplished that for you. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The staff was extremely polite and accommodating. This will be my go to hotel when back in Charleston. Beautiful ocean views, easy beach access and many local restaurants are within walking distance. 5/5.

Room Tip: Ask for Shane.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TurboFalcon

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are pleased you left the Seaside Inn feeling our customer service and the hotel met your expectations. It is nice to hear we are your hotel of choice when visiting the area. Hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
#3 of 5 in Isle of Palms
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Pa...
#10 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
#4 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach

Been to Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!