“Great Location”

The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here recently for a concert at the Windjammer. It's located directly on the beach and within walking distance to shops, restaurants and bars … you can park your car and not move it until you go home.

After reading some of the other reviews I was a little wary of booking a room, however unlike some of the others I was pleasantly surprised, and the room we had was very nice and clean.

Breakfast was okay … it's like every other hotels continental breakfast.

Our only complaint is the elevator, I was so afraid that it might break down with us in it that we only used it once.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bobbyarcher
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your review bobbyarcher. I am glad you did not let the negative reviews keep you from trying us for yourself. I was glad to read that you were satisfied with your accommodations and found breakfast to be standard of most hotels. I hope you enjoyed your concert at the Windjammer, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We called an got Susan at the reception desk she was so friendly an informative that we booked the room .when we got in the rm we had some issues that angle the manager addressed immediately with a smile an much apology she even took some off our night rm..now that's the way to do business..thank u angle..we will return!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rodney M

Thank you very much Rodney M for taking the time to write a review for The Palms. I am glad to see that you did not let the issues with your room deter you from returning to stay with us. I was more than happy to address the issues immediately as I want my guests to be comfortable during their stay. Susan was also delighted that you were happy with her customer service. We look forward to serving your needs again in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is one of a few places to stay on the Isle other than villa's and condo's. The building is only 14 years old but looks much older. The rooms were very well dressed and comfortable. The beds were soft and the desk managers were very nice and helpful. If you want the ocean be sure to get the beachfront or room 323 or 321 which are called coastal views. The others are not much. The second level maybe? 2 complaints. the elevator was creepy. We called it cranky and we were scared sometimes. Also the Banana Cabana next door was loud until 10 but it sure did smell good. Rates are reasonable off season.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard R
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you so much Richard R. for your review. Your feedback was deeply appreciated. I am so glad that you found the desk staff to be polite and helpful to you. I am also glad that you slept comfortably on our pillow top mattresses. We are gradually making improvements to our hotel, so I appreciate your voicing your concerns. We do advise guests during peak season that we sit between restaurants and there is the possibility of music. It is rare that we receive a complaint during such a slower time, so I apologize that this wasn't mentioned to you. I want to thank you again for taking the time to write a review for us. We do hope you return to stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Coming back for our anniversary, we decided to stay at the beach. The Palms Oceanfront is one of the few hotels that have suites with balconies overlooking the beach. Always nice to go out there at night and see all the stars and leave the door open to hear the surf to put you to sleep at night! Very good value for the money and breakfast is included too!

Room Tip: Beach front with balconies are always a plus!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

I appreciate this guest choosing to stay with us during such a special occasion as their anniversary. I am glad they enjoyed the beautiful views and sounds of the ocean. I want to thank them for taking the time to write a review for us, and I hope they intend to return to stay with us.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We bid on a room for 2 nights thru Priceline, got one for $66/night, cheap for beachfront (basis for "very good" rating). Spacious room, only blemish was a stain on the rug, otherwise A-OK. No outside window, unfortunately.

Room Tip: Check for an upgrade to beach-view room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiftonian
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I would like to thank this guest for writing a review for our hotel. I am glad they were satisfied with their accommodations and got such a great deal. I do hope this guest intends to stay with us again. I appreciate the time they took to provide feedback.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

The 'booking' portion of the trip was very smooth and our room was as promised. However, the drain in the bathtub was clogged, the blow dryer only worked in 2 minute increments (which is a pain), anytime the staff rolled one of their carts past our room it echoed (at 7 am), and we found a roach crawling across the tv stand the next morning. Not a room worth $167. Complete waste of money.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Angel S, Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

I appreciate this guest providing feedback regarding their stay. I do apologize for the inconveniences this guest experienced. I do want to clarify the comment about the staff rolling their carts at 7am. The housekeeping staff doesn't start until 9am, so what this guest must have heard was other guests rolling luggage carts. Also, I am not sure if they reported any of the things mentioned in this review, but we ask that anytime something isn't working properly in the room, please give us an opportunity to fix it. I want to apologize again and thank this guest for their time.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

The front desk staff was great! That, the ocean views (and sounds!) and downtown IOP location make this a worthwhile last minute get-away place. Our room was a bit dusty, but the bedding was very clean; it's possible it just hadn't been occupied recently. (The chandelier had layers of dust from non-cleaning over time - a simple housekeeping checklist fix for guest comfort that I shared with the hotel - just sharing here as fyi for allergy sufferers). It would be a nice touch if comforters shown in website pictures were in the room; at least in winter season. However, the heater fixed that problem quickly :) All was good for a couple nights stay; thanks to the staff and oceanfront, "walking distance" location to many great little spots!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
Seaside Inn
Seaside Inn
#4 of 5 in Isle of Palms
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt ...
#11 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant
Shem Creek Inn
Shem Creek Inn
#4 of 25 in Mount Pleasant

Been to The Palms Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!