“Not worth the money!”

The Palms Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Reviewed 2 June 2014

1. Understaffed, your room will not be ready on time.
2. Dirty, our bed had food, sand or something in it when I went to get in bed; didn't like I had to change the sheets after a long day.
3. Outdated; rooms, elevators, bathrooms all need to be updated feels like the earlier 90's ( beside the tv; however it did have a chip in the middle of the screen)
4. Don't expect to hear the waves until after 10 or 11 at night; you a surrounded by two very loud bars that you hear through the walls.
5. Ice machine does not work well; makes a cup of ice every 15 min.

The good: the limited staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Elrod843
Matthew C, General Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for taking an opportunity to share your feedback with us. In February, management presented the ownership a property improvement plan to renovate the hotel. We are started the renovation with our garage and swimming pool areas and hope we can get into the rooms after the summer season. We apologize for the experience you had at the hotel and are working diligently with staff training to increase the hotel's standards in our housekeeping department.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Three nights and 4 days at The Palms is exactly what the Doctor order for my wife and I. We did it right this time, by staying in the Oceanfront King Balcony Suite. It was Awesome. The Staff, especially Susan, Stacy and Kia made our stay even more pleasurable. Everyone at this Hotel; Front Desk, Maintenance, and Housekeepers could not have been more accommodating and pleasant. I know when we are at the Isle of Palms again, we'll be staying at this Wonderful Hotel.

Room Tip: The Oceanfront Balcony Suite is worth every penny and will make your Beach experience so much more m...
2  Thank Vinny P
Matthew C, General Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write about your wonderful experience. I will share your feedback on the staff with each on individually.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Isle of Palms.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We booked this room for our Honeymoon. Check in was at 4pm, we arrived about 10 min after 4 only to be told our room was not quite ready. We were given a voucher for parking and told it should be ready in 10 min. We parked, walked around and returned about 4:30 to find out our room STILL was not ready, we canceled. Upon arriving we noticed that the entrance and elevator were very dirty, people cutting through the breezeway, things were just not what they portray it to be. We will never return. Mrs. Dixon, unhappy bride

Room Tip: We went into Mt. Pleasant and stay at the Holiday Inn Xpress, a very beautiful CLEAN place to relax...
1  Thank Kim D

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your recent stay with us in being unable to check-in at 4:00 PM. Again, I appreciate you taking an opportunity to provide a review and hope you will reconsider us for future visits to the area.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Website claims the hotel is 100% smoke free and this is 100% false. People were smoking at the pool, in the stair wells and even the common areas outside of rooms. The pool was closed 2 out of the 3 days we were there for various maintenance updates. The room did not have a balcony. I reccomend paying extra for beach view rooms. The music from the restaurants on either side was definitely loud. The free breakfast is nice but could definitely use some updates. The pancake machine worked half the time.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank EN124

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide your feedback. As always we appreciate guests taking the time to write reviews for our hotel informing us of their stay. We take our guest's comments seriously and use them to make needed improvements. This case won't be any different. Smoking is definitely a challenge at the hotel. At the beginning of the year with the change to being smoke free, we still have guest's challenging the policy. We have ordered additional signage throughout the hotel to advise of the no smoking policy on top of the registration card to help curb this to get the message out. Thank you again for taking an opportunity to provide a review and hope you will consider us for future visits to the area.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here over memorial day weekend.(2 nights) Our stay was nice, office staff was nice and helpful. Upon checking out which was Monday, the hotel charged our account over $600 2 days after leaving. We were charged at check in $615 and then a few days later charged $630. I have not been able to talk with a manager and I have called 3 times. This is very poor customer service once leaving. We will find different hotel arrangements when returning in September.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank merisss118

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide your feedback. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience while here at the hotel aside from the charges associated with your account. I know you had an opportunity to speak with our Front Desk team and they advised the double charges were actually authorizations held on your card. Upon speaking with your bank last week, we were able to send them a copy of your invoice and release for the additional amount. If this has yet to be resolved, please contact me directly and I can further assist where I can.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

In need of a few days break after taking care of a sick family member, I was looking forward to a couple of days at the ocean. Due to Biker's Week in Myrtle Beach, we drove to Isle of Palms and found this oceanfront hotel. Again one of those spur of the moment choices that I regretted. Priced very high for this old hotel that is crammed between two restaurants that played music loudly. If you want peace and quiet at the beach you will not find it here. Swimming pool was not open even though it was mid May and 80 degrees. That was a disappointment since I could have enjoyed getting the sun that was non existent on my balcony. They did let us check in early- 1 pm - which was appreciated. Beach view was awesome and so sad it is wasted on this old building. Beware that parking is an additional $6.00 per night on top of over $200 per night room charge. (oceanfront room)

Room Tip: If over 30, do better research than I did and choose another hotel. The music from the two restauran...
2  Thank travelinggma2013

Thank you for taking the opportunity to provide your feedback. As always we appreciate guests taking the time to write reviews for our hotel informing us of their stay. We take our guest's comments seriously and use them to make needed improvements. This case won't be any different, we will make the needed changes to things we have control over. I will say, however, that we are located between restaurants that offer music seven days a week during the summer peak months. Again, I appreciate you taking an opportunity to provide a review and hope you will consider us for future visits to the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was very pleased during my stay at The Palms. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would like to thank Kia for all her kindness. The room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is very convenient to shops, restaurants, and of course, the beach is right outside your room. This is the perfect beach hotel! I will return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank smonee2014
Matthew C, General Manager at The Palms Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to provide your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isle of Palms
Tides Folly Beach
Tides Folly Beach
#1 of 1 in Folly Beach
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Pa...
#11 of 25 in Mount Pleasant
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant
King Charles Inn
King Charles Inn
#17 of 62 in Charleston

Been to The Palms Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!