“Expensive but nice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hickory, North Carolina
“Expensive but nice”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We arrived at the resort late at night and had some trouble getting directions to our room but once we got to the room it was worth it. Beautiful room, nice and clean. Plenty of soap, shampoo and towels. The beach was wonderful and a very short walk from where we stayed. I will say that to rent anything or eat/drink anything on the resort property is very expensive. Other than that it was a great weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
Charlotte
Reviewed 10 May 2014

After winning the battle with cancer, I decided it was time for a getaway. I had visited Wild Dunes once before for a girls weekend and loved it. This trip was the perfect vacation. Emily and Cody helped choose the perfect location. They showed such concern and compassion and went above and beyond. There is an option of a hotel, condo or home. I chose the condo. It had a full kitchen and living area with a separate bedroom with an ocean view. The bedrooms are set back so you don't hear the noise from the hall. The furnishings are top of the line and you have all of the appliances you need. I sat out on the balcony each morning with a cup of tea looking at the ocean. What a wonderful way to start the day.

I never left the hotel grounds as there were several restaurants. There is an upscale restaurant , a moderate restaurant, a deli and the restaurant at the pool and restaurants located at the two golf courses. I ventured out to most of them but I loved eating lunch at the restaurant by the pool because it had a gorgeous view of the ocean. I also enjoyed the deli as the girls went out of their way to accommodate my picky diet.

I had an amazing checkin by Laura. Her smile was contagious and she had mastered a quick kind and efficient checkin.

I also booked two spa treatments. I had a Thai massage that eliminates toxins in the body. Amazing!. My massage therapist was a male in PT school and he was excellent. I also had a mini facial and the person was a wealth of knowledge.

While relaxing by the pool and on the beach, I looked around and found Wild Dunes suited any agenda. There was a team of professionals working at a table with a view of the ocean, a family with young children, a group away for a guys trip and then there was me traveling alone. Perfect.

Needless to say it was a perfect vacation. I will return soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank FanofRome
Washington
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at a condo rented via Wild Dunes "Destination Hotels" and was very disappointed with the unprofessional, ill-trained individuals working. Many were young and inexperienced is my guess, and the blame is in the management, not the individuals, who were kind,and not to be blamed. Part of the problem was that I have yet to receive an itemized bill for a wedding event.

Green Features: Although they say they are "green" I did not see evident recycling, composting, etc; cars everywhere, too much pavement, etc
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dommor
Frank F, General Manager at Wild Dunes Resort, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Dommor,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my personal apologies for the disappointments you experienced with the service of our staff. This clearly does not meet the standards we strive for and trust that I have already passed along your feedback directly to our management and leadership teams so that we may improve moving forward. Also, please know that our Director of Rooms has tried to reach you directly by phone more than once in the past few weeks following your stay to ensure you received the itemized bill that we sent to your home address via mail. Please contact me directly at ffredericks@destinationhotels.com if you would like to talk further or if you have any further feedback you would like to share with our team.

Regards,
Frank Fredericks
Managing Director
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I just returned to Texas from SC and the Wild Dunes. It was just what we were hoping for, close to Charleston and right on the beach in a very restful and beautiful surrounding. Breakfast at the Boardwalk Inn was just incredible, my husband ate like a king and their lime honey yogurt fruit plate..yummm!! The staff is beyond welcoming and while we didn't avail ourselves of all the services it was great to know they were avialable. Our impromtu morning at the beach was great with beach umbrella and chairs. It would be a fantastic place to take a family vacation as well. Isle of palms is beach.. beach .. Beach! Which is what we wanted. This is a place as I told my husband I could easily spend a week just with nothing more than books, a beach chair and maybe a bike to ride along the beach. We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: I would go with the condo but my husband and I like having some amentities such as coffee in our roo...
Green Features: They do recycle and encourage the guests to as well.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannine T
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was a quick weekend getaway from Atlanta. We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and were very pleased with our accommodations. The rooms are spacious with a small refrigerator. We had a balcony that overlooked the resort with a 5th floor ocean view and it was very nice. We were just steps from the beach, so it was very convenient. The food is great. The property is well kept pools grounds etc. My most favorite South Carolina property! This is my 4th visit to this property and my husband and I love it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here for a business conference. The meals provided were an excellent sampling of Southern foods. I stayed in a 2 bedroom suite at the Village that had plenty of room and was beautifully furnished.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Heehaw2,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Wild Dunes Resort! We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations in the Village at Wild Dunes and that you found our catering to be a delicious sampling of Southern food. It's wonderful to hear that our Resort was an ideal destination for your business conference.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future - be it for business or leisure!

Kind regards,
Frank Fredericks
Managing Director
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and were very pleased with our accommodations. The rooms are spacious with a small refrigerator. We had a balcony that overlooked the resort and it was very nice. We were just steps from the beach, so it was very convenient. The pool areas, grounds, and facilities are very clean and meticulously maintained. We ate on property for three banquet events, and I was very impressed with both the food and service. The staff is extremely helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
French Quarter Inn
French Quarter Inn
#2 of 62 in Charleston
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Pa...
#10 of 24 in Mount Pleasant

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!