“The best!! Our 3rd trip with Captain Ben Floyd.”

Charleston Fishfinder Charters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Hello, My name is Capt Ben Floyd and Charleston Fishfinder is the name of my company. I provide light tackle and fly fishing charters for beginner and expert fishermen alike. I have been in business since 2004 and I love what I do for a living. Fishing is a way of life where I am from and through some sort of natural progression I have turned it into my livelihood. I am from a small fishing community in South Carolina called McClellanville. At the age of 13 I discovered that I could get paid to take people fishing for fun and for sport. After college at Lander University I moved back home and shortly thereafter I started my business, Charleston Fishfinder. I love my profession and I strive to make every trip as safe, fun, and memorable as possible.
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Captain Ben is very accommodating and knowledgeable. This was our 3rd trip and on every trip we had different weather and water conditions. Captain Ben allways found the fish which made each trip amazing. We are looking forward to the next trip and highly recommend Captain Ben. You won't be disappointed!! Dave K

1  Thank HurricaneDK
"big ones"
"amazing fishing"
"excellent captain"
in 2 reviews
"fishing trip with captain"
"yo son"
"big fish"
"knew exactly where"
"great afternoon"
"bonnet head sharks"
"red drum"
"great guide"

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Wow, what a nice guy. Capt Ben took us out for some inshore fishing and what a great time we had. My grandson wants to make this part of our annual trip to IOP...go figure. Guess we'll just have to make that happen. Thanks Capt Ben. Best time, and best fishing ever!

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Captain Ben took our family (with kids ages 9, 7, 6 and 5) on a shark fishing trip yesterday. We have done several family water trips on IOP and this was by far our favorite. Ben was patient, enthusiastic and knowledgable about the areas. All of our kids got to help reel in the fish on their own. Ben then taught them about the sharks and red fish we caught and released them. Even our daughter, scared of sharks, had a blast because she learned about them first hand. Everyone wants to go again today.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

If you and your family are looking for the best family fishing outing then see Capt Ben Floyd at Charleston Fishfinder Charters. Capt Ben teaches anglers of every age the best way to fish in Charleston's various fishing areas. We started our day with a short ride to the jetty area just past Ft. Sumpter. After catching (and releasing) one nice-sized fish, we moved into the smaller waterways at the change of tide. I have to admit that I was skeptical that we'd catch anything in the area we were in. However, Capt Ben made a believer out of me as we caught several red drum in 15 minute period. Capt Ben knows where the fish are!

Mike M.