“Nice Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Coda del Pesce

Coda del Pesce
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Charleston, South Carolina
“Nice Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had dinner at Coda del Pesce late last night. It was our 2nd or, perhaps 3d time visting. I found it very enjoyable. We started with what I thought was going to be fried octopus with beets, but what turned out to be an octopus tentacle, beautifuly prepared, over golden beets, wtih some citrus. It was very nice, and a good starter. My partner had the gnudi, and it tasted really nice. I opted for the tagliolini with crab, and it was fantastic. Very light and incredibly tasty. The only negative was the dessert - and it's not really a negative. We got the Tiramisu Cheesecake. While it tasted good, I'm still not sure what part of it was supposed to be tiramisu.

Overall, a very, very nice meal.

• Visited May 2014

Charleston, South Carolina, USA
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The view was great, the food fantastic and the service fabulous. The new look of the place is really fitting for the new menu and they are really working hard to make it a great place to eat. The fish is fresh and prepared perfectly. We were with another couple they allowed us to chat, take our time and didn't rush us out the door. Nice quality to have.

Visited March 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“The best restaurant I've ever eaten at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

As much as I travel, I never thought I would hear myself say that, but this place is so incredible, we ate their 2 nights in a row. Great ambience, amazing service, and a unique menu loaded with the freshest ingredients. We shared multiple entrees and salads, and no one could choose the best one! They were all amazing.

Visited April 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Waterfront Dining...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This restaurant has recently change from Huck's Lowcountry to this Italian place. The decor has changed and is a little more open and very tastefully done. Food is very good. We had scallops, pasta and swordfish and chicken. Everyone loved their dish. The farrow salad with the chicken was delicious. No specials everything on the menu was based on what was fresh and local so menu changes daily. Service was food, very helpful and knowledgable.

• Visited April 2014
Southampton, New Jersey
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We shared the fritto misto & grilled octopus appetizers. Both spectacular. The octopus & calamari were both quite tender, an accomplishment in itself. We tried the house made gnudi with calamari ragu which is a seafood version of the classic dish. The gnudi were light & fluffy with a fabulous red sauce. Most restaurants make a bland generic red sauce but this was like homemade. My wife had the tilefish & my daughter had the flatiron steak. Both excellent. My daughter said best meal of this trip. I had the shellfish stufato which is local triggerfish, mussels, calamari & crabmeat over a seasoned pasta cut to resemble risotto. Remarkably delicious. They have a terrific wine list & we tried all the desserts. The tiramisu cheesecake was my favorite. We were too full to finish but I brought the cheesecake home. Brandon, our server, was very knowledgable about the food,wine & desserts. He was very professional & took great care of us. We will be going back on future visits to the area.

Visited April 2014