“What A Wonderful Surprise!”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was staying at The Palms Hotel, and Acme Lowcountry Kitchen was recommended as a great place to have dinner. As my title tells you, my dinner was excellent. Fried Oyster Rockefeller and Low Country Egg Rolls melted in my mouth. I returned for dinner the following two nights. The Crab Cakes were out of this world. The best I've ever had. I have the special my final night Herb Seared Scallops with grilled asparagus. Everything was fabulous. I found the service to be great, prices fair, and always felt welcome. I highly recommend Acme Lowcountry to anyone in the IOP area. I know I'll be back! Thanks to Bob, Kristen, and Heidi! It was great to meet you

Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

IT WAS SO NICE MEETING YOU! We are so happy you found us and enjoyed seeing you here while you were in town! I hope you had a safe trip back to Connecticut. Please come back and visit soon, like next week!

There are newer reviews for Acme Lowcountry Kitchen

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Tazo ham clams, fried chicken livers, succotash were all awesome! The New York strip may not be the best I've ever had, but it was a fantastic meal and friendly staff! Shawna was our waitress, she was knowledgable and still had a smile on her face at 10pm after what looked like a very busy night for the restaurant. We will return next time were in the isle of palms! Call BEFORE 5 if you want to make a reservation!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed dinner with us. I will pass the good word along to Shawna! Thanks So Much!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I'm a local, so I have plenty of experience with restaurants on the IOP. The food is always good, the prices are fair and the waitstaff is fantastic! It's where I always take friends and family when they visit.

Thank you so much. The best thing we can ask for is support from our locals. We will work as hard as we can to never let you down! Thanks So Much!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We visited on May 9th 2014. The Acme Kitchen has gone a little upscale since we last went. This means higher prices, and pretty much the same decor and food. We went with 2 friends, but this review is purely personal. I ordered "the wreck" which is a seafood mixture, shrimp, clams and fish (Mahi at that time), with french fries. My wife ordered the Fried Oyster Rockefeller and we shared each dish The Oysters, were excellent, large, succulent and very tasty on a bed of spinach.
Overall the wreck was OK with great french fries, good clams , but overcooked shrimp and REALLY overcooked Mahi nuggets.
After we finished the manager came around and asked if all was OK so I said the Mahi was overcooked. He offered to bring out some additional Mahi to "show you how we can cook it" . We declined the offer as it was too late, we had finished of the platter and really didn't want any more food. But my thoughts were "if you can show us how to cook Mahi now, why didn't you put that version on the plate?"
To be fair, an adjustment was made on the bill for the overcooked portion.
But, again, if the restaurant chefs know how to cook Mahi, why serve it dry and overcooked? Doesnt make sense to me.
I wish I could be more positive, this is one of the highest rated restaurants in Isle of Palms, but we've been twice now and we don't "get it"
One other beef, we sat outside in the screened porch, because the weather was beautiful. However, the outside seating (outside the screen porch) allows smoking and the open screens allow the smoke to drift into the "non-smoking" porch. So where you have a non-smoking area, the smoke from outside just drifts in a spoils the meal. Exhaust Fans might reduce this problem, but it bothered us while we were there.

Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

I am so sorry to hear about your overcooked Mahi and Shrimp. I have sent you a private message. So Sorry.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We had dinner here when we visited Isle of Palms. To us, this place is pricey, which is understandable since it's in a tourist spot, but the food was just average. We had lobster tails, fried fish and shrimp and grits, all of them were just average. I hate to say this, but we might get better tasting food from Red Lobster. I don't really know why the other people gave this place pretty good review, maybe they knew how to order much better than us.

If you are bringing kids, don't even bother ordering kids' drink. They charged $2+ for a small water down kid's apple juice and lemonade. My son always finishes his apple juice, but not that night, that tells you how bad the drink was.