“Excellent ”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful evening meal by an open window on a non- crowded week day. Whole flounder and crab cakes with fresh Southern sides such as speckled butter beans and pimento cheese grits...how much better could it get. We were relaxed and full and couldn't have had a better experience. Key Lime Pie was the perfect end to the meal. We've never had a bad meal here.

Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review. It is very nice to hear you had a nice relaxing meal at Acme! Thank You So Much! Travel Safe!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,332)

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Honestly, the entire staff has been welcoming and warm/genuine on every visit. I tell everybody I can to visit Acme - because the happy hour in the bar is GREAT. Top shelf liquor for $5!!!! WHAT!?!? Oh yes, the VERY best $5 Herradura margarita I've EVER had, like EVER. Ellie was just a pure delight. She is so prompt and she seriously cares about making a great drink. I love, love, love this place. It's a MUST visit destination on IOP. I can't wait to get back there. This place honestly makes me smile - and you have got to try to "Baby Mama" wings... OMG... to die for. I crave that flavor and I'm not even preggers. Ha ha.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review. I am so happy to hear you enjoy our happy hour! We think $5 drinks is one of the best deals in town. Any liquor...$5. I will also of course pass the good word onto Ellie. Thank you So Much! Travel Safe...from Johns Island.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Fresh seafood and southern sides prepared well! I got the fish of the day over succotash and it was so good. My husband and son enjoyed their food as well. They had some good craft beers on tap which was a nice bonus. Far far superior to nearby restaurants.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review. Glad to hear your family enjoyed dinner at Acme. Thanks also for the compliment on the craft beer list, I so wish we had room for more beers on tap as there are so many good ones out there. Thanks So Much! Travel Safe!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

If you like fresh seafood, simply prepared and presented in a casual environment, the way it should be, this is the place for you. They also have meat choices for you land lovers but i don't care about that (my wife does). We had dinner one night and was so blown away that we went back for an AMAZING breakfast the next morning. Try one of their many Eggs Benedicts offerings (I had Rockefeller Benedicts with fried oysters and spinach .... YUM

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review. So awesome to hear that dinner was so good you came back for breakfast. So happy to hear y'all enjoyed everything! Thanks So Much! Travel Safe!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Great food and service in a super-casual setting. A bit of a wait for a table... but well worth waiting for.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review. Glad to hear you enjoyed dinner while at Acme! We do take reservations so anyone can call and your table will be waiting on you! Thanks So Much! Travel Safe!