“Great breakfast on the island”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We had the eggs Benedict with crab cakes and chicken and waffles. Both were excellent. Plenty of parking. The wait was long but you can sit at the bar first come. The coffee was very good too. I didn't order the shrimp and grits because it comes with pico, which isn't real shrimp and grits to me. Great breakfast.

Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review. So happy to hear you enjoyed breakfast with us! Thanks So Much! Travel Safe! Go Dawgs!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The food here was great! However, we had to wait a very long time to get seated because it was soo busy. If you want to try this place out, make sure you want to go at a very odd time instead of dinner time. They have very good succotash.

I am very happy to hear you though the food was "great." I am bummed that we got dinged on our rating due to the wait time. We really have no control over how many people come to the restaurant and while my crew is the best there is, they can only go so fast. If you or anyone else does not enjoy waiting I would suggest calling ahead and making a reservation, don't wait to come in at an "odd" time. Nine time out of Ten when you come in with a reservation your table is waiting for you. Thanks.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We recently took a detour and ended up at Isle of Palms, SC. It was a nice vacation. Our best meal during our beach vacation was at the Acme Low Country Kitchen. (We tried Acme because it’s ranked #1 here on TripAdvisor.) We really liked it. We arrived early because we’ve heard that Acme Low Country Kitchen can get packed, and the wait can be long. (That proved to be a good decision, because we were seated right away, and the dining room quickly filled up.) The food and service were excellent.

I had “The Wreck” which included local shrimp, mahi-mahi, and clams sautéed with white wine, herbs, and garlic. I chose Yukon gold mashed potatoes and speckled butter beans for my sides. Everything was delicious, and prepared perfectly.

My sweetheart picked the “Acme Shrimp and Grits” with sausage and she really enjoyed it. Smoked sausage and local shrimp were served over the creamy cheese grits, topped with salsa. She loved it.

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen has a modest, unpretentious exterior. Inside it has a casual, beachy atmosphere that fits the menu perfectly. We highly recommend the restaurant. You’ll find Acme Lowcountry Kitchen at 31 J.C. Long Blvd, Isle of Palms, South Carolina. For directions and an interactive Google map click here.

On the morning we left Isle of Palms it was 93 degrees and very humid. We checked our mobile phone at the time and saw that the temperature back home in Western North Carolina was a cool 71. Needless to say, we’re sunburned and glad to be home.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review. I am so happy to hear that Acme was your favorite restaurant on your recent trip to Charleston! If you do make it back this way we do take reservations, so you can skip that wait. Thanks So Much! Travel Safe!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have been eating here for about 20 years. We go back to when Bobby and Roger (the owners) where waiters. They have gotten a great chef, changed the menu and this place now is packed. We went on Sunday night thinking there would not be a wait but it was two hours. You definately have to make a reservation for dinner. We usually go for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I always have the Eggs Benedict which are the best I have ever had and for dinner a lot of times we have the chicken wings and Margaritas. The wings come in about 15 different flavors and are also the best we have ever had. Luckily Bobby gave us his personal cell numbers so we don't have to wait to make reservation. This is must go and eat place on Isle of Palms.

1  Thank Bill66_11

Hey Y'all. I am serious, call me when y'all are coming down. I happy to hear you still enjoy Acme after all these years and all the changes we have gone through. Travel Safe Friends!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is an extremely busy restaurant and you'll wait during peak times. That said, once you finally score a table it is worth the wait. We dined there with our teenage daughters and everyone (except me) cleaned their plate!

I ordered the blue cheese grits with my fish and can honestly say these are probably served in heaven! OH MAN! The servings are generous and I was able to take some home and enjoy later.
The chef personally visited our table; it was a treat to speak with him and relay know how much we enjoyed our meal. Check out the daily fish specials for sure.

Our table was in the porch/bar area where several televisions are located. Various sporting events play here so the sports fans in your group can get their fix. The staff here are friendly and efficient. I did see a few very young children with families, but I would definitely go early if you are dining with kids. We tried making a reservation, but they quit accepting them after 5:00 pm. After that, it is first come, first serve.

Highly recommend!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review. I am so happy you to you and your family enjoyed dinner at Acme. I am glad to hear you got to meet Chef Frank, he has such a love for what he does and loves to make sure everyone is enjoying their experience at Acme. Thank You So Much! Travel Safe!