“Yum!”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Husband and I visited while on vacation on IOP. We are the specials - swordfish and pink snapper. Both were delicious! Really, quite good food.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,415)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Family of 5 ate outside and spent much of dinner swatting flies. Cheeseburgers for kids were big and we had plenty to take home. Monday night special $1.99 kids meals made it worth the trip. Very good grits and asparagus for sides.

Bobby S, Owner at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

HI there. Glad to hear the food was enjoyed but sorry to hear about the flies on the outside deck. Y'all were there on Monday evidently and we had just had FIVE days of rain. No matter how much money we spend on Fly and Mosquito control after five days of rain there is bound to be an increase in fly and mosquito numbers, especially when sitting outdoors. These things breed like wild fire with rain and we had FIVE straight days of it. There is nothing our pest control service can do since whatever they spray will be washed away in the rain, evidently anything sprayed needs 24 hours to dry well.

We even had a light sprinkle of rain on Tuesday, our pest control service was out there Wednesday morning trying to knock down the fly population. We do not like it anymore than anyone else, but we simply cannot beat Mother Nature at times.

I am of course sorry for the inconvenience but there is simply nothing I could do at the time.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Our family of four just tried this local IOP eatery for the first time. Gotta love any place that serves breakfast 'til 2pm and sells T-shirts that read "A sunny place for shady people".
We visited at lunchtime and got seated immediately. I didn't realize I was in the mood for breakfast until I saw the many variations of Eggs Benedict. I loved the California style, though the sautéed kale had more garlic and salt than was necessary. The server kindly let me sub Butter Beans for grits/home fries. I had never seen brown butter beans (I thought they were green), but hey ya'll, when in SC, do like they do.
Hubby wanted a Bloody Mary and went for the "Charleston" over the "Traditional". It was described as being "thicker and spicier". Truth is, it was a little too thick and spicy. Should have had the Traditional. Still, it was good.
Picky Child #1 was completely satisfied with the Grilled (American) Cheese on big Texas-like toast.
Picky Child #2 was happy with Buttered (Penne) Noodles.
I would go back and I do recommend.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Took out of town friends visiting here, thought since it was at the beach (Isle of Palms) where they were staying, would introduce them to a little place with great food. Not. First of all, the place used to be a beach hangout, been there for years. The cute fence/railing out front that greets you is peeling all over, really falling apart. Bad, bad curb appeal. Inside, three of us ordered the fish tacos. There was NOTHING wrong with the food. It was just the combination they put together for plain ole fish tacos. Two grilled cubes of mahi-mahi. Covered with a mound, I mean a mound, of cabbage, what they called pineapple salsa, with pineapple chunks,and an overload of cilantro, enough to overdefine the dish! Then a squirt of what looked like Russian dressing drizzled on the top. Not appealing, tasted worse. Actually had to dig through the mound to find the fish. Two pieces, which was all I ate from my taco. Other two taco eaters felt the same. Lucky we ordered fries! Fried fish eater loved his! Live and learn. I'll read the menu a little more closely - decent food, but presentation was gross!

1  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very fine place. I would recommend the food highly. We had lunch here. Waiter was first class. We walked to our hotel. Everything was convenient about this place and clean.