“culinary delight”

Acme Lowcountry Kitchen
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Acme Lowcountry Kitchen specializes in local seafood, if we cannot source it locally it is sourced off the East Coast of the USA! We do not serve seafood from any other area. We of course never serve any imported seafood. We truly believe in supporting American Fishermen and Shrimpers!
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We always go to local independent restaurants when traveling. I always order something I can not get or make at home. This was another winner. Blackened Wahoo.
excellant. The whole evening was great. Share with your friends so they can taste the
variety of excellent food. It was tough to decide it ALL looked inviting. It This was the first time ever that I have had a Chef came out and checked on his guests and
make sure we were happy. We were very happy.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family have been eating at the Acme on and off for the last 18 years, since we first came to Isle of Palms. It is hidden away and very low key looking but don't be fooled by its apperance. It has great food, especially seafood but you shoud also try their jerk wings. I miss them already.

Service was wonderful, pleasant and attentive, the chef visited the table, and the food was very prompt. Overall an amazing time. They even have a great key lime pie (made by an islander).

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Had dinner here on the recommendation of one of the locals and I am sooooo glad we followed her advise.

My friend ordered the shrimp and grits and while good, they were not great. I had the Knot Fried with steak and shrimp, which the steak cut like butter and the butter beans were some of the best I have ever had. The collards even had a sweet zing to them.

We tried the Gouda Grits fries and they were absolutely to die for! They were deep fried grits with Gouda, bacon, and fried onions and they were perhaps the best thing we had. The key lime pie is almost as good as the key lime in Key West.

Service was great and we will definitely be back.

While it took much longer than 30 minutes they told us to be seated...it was worth the wait.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My family and I ate twice during our recent stay in Wild Dunes. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The location is convenient to the pier/beach. The wait staff were very friendly. Good idea to make reservations. I do not like seafood but the chicken tacos were very tasty and their hamburgers are excellent. People in my party liked the flounder.

1  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Acme is the real deal. Succotash, fresh fish, shrimp dishes, sandwiches/burgers, fried green tomatoes -- keep it coming! The succotash is out of this world. The place is not fancy -- but has a lot of low country style and warmth. The executive chef is a guy that loves to cook and make people happy -- and his food speaks volumes. We return to Acme every year -- for dinner and at least once for breakfast (solid creative breakfasts of various omelets, egg dishes, biscuits,etc) -- and really enjoy the food and low country experience. Service is very good -- and kitchen moves it out. We went this year with a party of 8 --- 4 teenagers in tow. Something for everyone -- Hard not to enjoy Acme!