“Stuffed!”

Coconut Joe's Beach Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, View, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Coconut Joe's is a family-friendly restaurant right on the beach. We have a wide range of entrees on our menu: burgers, seafood, Caribbean specialties, entree salads, wraps, and plenty of choices for the children. During the season, we have live music at our rooftop bar every night, and this is a fun place to be if there is a wait for your table. We offer call-ahead seating up to 45 minutes ahead of your anticipated arrival. During the cooler months, we offer a spectacular view, and a quieter environment to enjoy your meal.
“Stuffed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, large portions! Warm, welcoming and friendly staff. Nice spot on the beach, a great way to dine.

• Visited June 2014

“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

For too many years to remember, we have come to Coconut Joe's every time we visit IOP. We have observed the overall quality of food deteriorating over the last 2-3 years. Our visit yesterday was very disappointing; the food was below average and there were only 2 choices for draft and both were terrible. The view of the ocean is always amazing; however, we will be looking for other choices the next time we are in town. After giving CJ's numerous 2nd chances, we are not going to continue to throw our money away.

Marti M, Executive Director of Happiness at Coconut Joe's Beach Grill, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
I'm so sorry that you were disappointed! I believe that was last Sunday. I was there, but did not hear of your complaint. I will do my best to resolve this.
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Excellent Experience at Coconut Joe's. We've been coming to this Restaurant for years now, and they just keep getting better.

Visited May 2014
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Truly Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The only outstanding thing about this restaurant is the view. Either in the main section or upstairs patio - you'll enjoy ocean views and breezes. Otherwise, predictable 'ho-hum' menu, average service. Not expensive, but not really great either.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank mickelamitchell
Key West, Florida
“Great Service, Too Much Red Rice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stopped for lunch during a short visit to the beach I used to hang out on when they still played half ball and danced the shag to beach music at Hudson's Pavilion. Yes that really tells my age.

I like red rice so I chose red rice as my side to go with my chicken ranch wrap. Ala, the wrap was full of rice along with the chicken. When the waitress checked on us I joked about the over abundance of rice. She offered to bring me some fries, which I thought was pretty nice of her. Didn't get her name but she was tall and slim. They also have a military discount which was good as both my friend and I are retired military. I understand they have good bands on the rooftop. As far as the wrap went, just ok and they really didn't need to put rice in it, especially if rice is a side choice.

• Visited May 2014