“Can I get my food minus the flies?”

Coconut Joe's Beach Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Coconut Joe's is a family-friendly restaurant right on the beach. We have a wide range of entrees on our menu: burgers, seafood, Caribbean specialties, entree salads, wraps, and plenty of choices for the children. During the season, we have live music at our rooftop bar every night, and this is a fun place to be if there is a wait for your table. We offer call-ahead seating up to 45 minutes ahead of your anticipated arrival. During the cooler months, we offer a spectacular view, and a quieter environment to enjoy your meal.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ok so if you're looking at my title and looking at my rating it doesn't make sense right? Well let me explain that. The vibe is very laid back. The view is awesome, what view of the beach isn't? And the service was good. Now on to what you really want to know about.......the food. It was very tasty, try the tropical chicken wrap. Among my table we had jambalaya/gumbo, the wrap, shrimp and burgers. While my food was delicious, I found it annoying and disgusting that a herd (yes a herd) of flies huddled up on the window right next to my table. Of course as soon as the food arrived they flew toward it instigating a flurry of hand waves from the 5 people at my table. So I'll repeat, can I get my food minus the flies? Please and thank you.

Marti M, Executive Director of Happiness at Coconut Joe's Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Yikes! Thanks for letting us know! Since we are partially outside, we wage a constant war against Mother Nature and her minions. We have hit this problem hard, thanks to your review. I will be checking to see that the problem stays solved.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had a large group and was told it would be 15-30 minutes. We waited about an hour and 15 minutes before being seated. But it was worth it. They have live music every night, ocean front view, and great food. Our group ordered things from fish tacos, coconut shrimp, burgers, wings, po boys, chicken, and they also have a great kids menu. Everything was wonderful. After we arrived, we realized you could call ahead, so if you have a large group, I would definitely recommend that!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

On our visit to Isle of Palm beach the wife, daughter and I decided to check out Coconut Joe's. We all ordered the fried Grouper sandwich which was excellent. Since we all ordered the same meal, it is hard to judge the menu as a whole, but if the rest of the food is as good as the fish, I give it big thumbs up. Atmosphere is very casual which is what you want coming off a day at the beach. There is also outdoor seating with great views of the ocean.

2  Thank Mountaineer_Steve
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My sister and I came here for dinner. We sat outside and had a view of the beach. It was very nice and relaxing. Our server was very nice and helpful. We enjoyed everything.

1  Thank Tenn13_13
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I went there with my family to go eat, while we stayed at the isle of palms. My food was utterly greasy my mother's hamburger was dry and my father's fish was half bad all in all avoid coconut Joe's if you want really good seafood I recommend Red's icehouse in Shem creek

Marti M, Executive Director of Happiness at Coconut Joe's Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Hmmm…..First, we are not a beach bar, we are a family restaurant. Second, we do extensive research before pricing menu items, and I think our prices are competitive with other locations in the area. Sure, you could probably get a cheaper drink five miles inland, because those folks do not have to pay the exorbitant insurance premiums that beachfront properties do. But you'd miss our lovely view. :)