“Much needed restaurant/bar on Isle of Palms!”
Review of The Dinghy

The Dinghy
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Isle of Palms
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I lived in the Keys for 3 years and loved it. So when I had lunch with a friend there on a Saturday in July I had to bring my husband. We went for an early dinner that Tuesday. Fun, friendly bar with a Key West vibe. Food was excellent, draft and drink selection was perfect. We sat inside with the air-conditioning, but we plan to sit out on the screened-in porch (screened-in being key with mosquitoes and other biting bugs in SC) the next time we go. On the first trip, my friend had the sliders, she got one each of three of the choices and really enjoyed it. I had the apple butter, brie, ham, turkey panini and loved every bite. When I came with my husband a few days later for dinner he had the fish and chips and is hooked and I had the Cuban panini-better than those I had in the Keys along with an Angry Orchard on draft. Yum, yum, yum. The staff is welcoming and courteous. The food and drink delicious. I actually have lunch plans with different friends there this coming weekend on both Saturday and Sunday. Can't wait to also go later one night when they have live entertainment and a large scale Jenga game. Sooo much fun. Hoping to keep the locals vibe to the place, but I want all to know this is a wonderful establishment. And with all the thousands of restaurants and bars in the Charleston area this is a favorite of ours.

1  Thank Goombah7
There are newer reviews for The Dinghy

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stopped by the Dinghy twice for drinks on our stay at Isle of Palms. By far the best bar on the island for a laid back vibe and live music. Our first visit we had food off the menu with our drinks. Tasty fare if you are looking for more of a lighter meal. Cool place with a definite island feel.

1  Thank Emily197355129
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The openness of The Dinghy reminds me of Key West! We love it! The varying live music almost every time we go there has us wanting to back more and more!! The menu is simple and covers my wife's tastes and mine as well. I've tried some local brews there and have been very happy with them. The bartenders are very pleasant, and put off the vibe that they are really enjoying themselves at work, which sets the tone for the place. I have found my favorite new place on the IOP!

5  Thank Darrin V