The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is a beautiful old world type of hotel. The first thing that hits the eye is the amazingly beautiful hard wood floors. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The beaches are just beautiful and scenic trails run throughout the island. Really pretty. The staff was helpful and eager to please. The place has that southern charm. A few things to note:
1. The trails have signs that say "Danger, Alligators" and they are not kidding. I walked the trails every day and saw small alligators every day. I was alone so it made me have to pay attention as I was walking/running. I usually like to listen to music or day dream while I run but with the alligators, I felt a bit stressed, that I had to keep my wits about me. I know that the alligators don't really bother any one, but I am not used to seeing alligators so for me it was a concern.
2. The business center is run by an outside firm, not by the hotel. This was an annoyance because I left my room to go to the business center because I needed to print something, sign it and send it back. I didn't think to bring a credit card with me. I had to go back up to the room to get a credit card. It's a bad business model that proved to be quite inconvenient for me.
3. The hotel has area that are stil sort of under construction so some things are not finished and crisp.
The hotel has done a beautiful job from an architectural standpoint. Two huge fireplaces flank the first floor lobby areas. There are large windows and doors that showcase the ocean views. Very pretty. I know that I already mentioned the hard wood floors, but they are something worth mentioning twice. They are just amazingly beautiful.
Overall, I would recommend staying at the Sanctuary and enjoying it's pretty architecture, southern charm, beautiful beaches and endless trails around the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sanctuary Hotel at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Hotel At Kiawah Island Golf Resort South Carolina