“Amazing experience...”
Review of Andell Inn

Andell Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kiawah Island
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is the little hotel that could....! The very new Andell delights in so many surprising ways. Great location (doorstep of Kiawah), surprisingly cool yet rustic decor, spacious rooms, a decent and free breakfast and amazingly pleasant service! I've been platinum at Marriott and Starwood and this hotel competes with the premium properties in both chains. I was blown away 2 ladies on the evening shift when we checked in....what they lack for in years of experience, they over compensated with poise, a can-do attitude and actions to match.

Hope you can sustain and build upon this start!

Room Tip: Ask for a pond view room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gudulmaster

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband, 9 month old daughter and I spent 4 nights at Andell Inn and so enjoyed our stay. The hotel is so lovely, the staff was very friendly (especially housekeeping) and the area is perfect for exploring Freshfields and enjoying the beach. Our room was a king suite and there was plenty of space for my daughter to play and for us to have dinner most nights in our room. The room was so clean that we felt okay about letting our daughter crawl around and play, and I am super picky when it comes to cleanliness. Breakfast was good, although the space needs to be larger and the refilling of items that run out needs to be more frequent and filled until the end of breakfast. Our room was fairly loud; we could hear children running above us and the people in the adjoining room. This made us more aware of our noise level and we tried very hard to keep our daughter as quiet as possible. Everything about the pool and outdoor areas in general are perfect and we appreciated the complimentary fruit water under the covered patio. We spent a lot of time on the wrap around porch, sitting in the rocking chairs, enjoying the view and chitchatting with other guests. Just be sure and have bug spray on hand. All in all our stay was nearly perfect and we will definitely return. Thank you, Andell Inn for helping to make our first summer vacation with our daughter a great one!

Room Tip: Lake view is beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tonya J
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Andell Inn is a perfect blend of sophistication and comfort. My party did not know what to expect when arriving and from all of our reactions, we were pleasantly surprised! The staff was welcoming and accommodating.

We were not able to take advantage of the pool or beach, because of the rain. However, the pool area looked clean and inviting. The breakfast was average in a good way. All the necessary staples were provided. Laundry room is the best..i.e. flat screen tv, couch, and the best part is, that it is all free. If your a mom, you would appreciate this:) Rooms are spacious and very clean. Beds are super comfy. There is nearby shopping and food, although shops are pricey, items are unique to the area.

Kiawah s a beautiful place to sneak away for a weekend and the Andell Inn is a perfect retreat. Don't expect much of a view, but the overall ambiance makes up for the lack of. Not a touristy developed area, which I love. I would highly recommend to family and friends with or without families.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view, preferably a suite.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

It's a new, clean and stylish hotel, the room is generally big. very convenient to get food from the pub opposite and it opens till late. Having breakfast in the seating area facing the lake is wonderful. Only thing disappoint me was they did not give me a crib I requested, they told me there were only 5 in the hotel and that night I stayed was full house, however I don't think it's a valid reason for not giving one to me as I requested 2 months ago when I made the reservation.

Aaron W, Manager at Andell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear jaosch,

Thank you for taking the time to review Andell Inn on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback which helps us improve ourselves and the quality of our guests’ experience.

We are lucky to have such great restaurants and shopping walking distance from the hotel in Freshfields Village, and I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast. The porch seating has become the most popular place for guests to enjoy their breakfast while the day is still cool and the local wildlife is active. I apologize for being unable to provide you a crib for your stay. We have a limited number and therefore cannot guarantee them for guests, but always make our best efforts to accommodate these requests.

Thank you for staying with us at Andell Inn. I hope that you will visit us again soon on your next trip to Kiawah Island.

Warm regards,

Aaron Wilkins
Hotel Manager
Andell Inn

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is immaculate. The decor is unique and wonderfully adapted to Kiawah. Don't miss the art for sale lining entry way and hallways. It's like being in a gallery. The service by the salt water pool adds to hotel experience. Rooms are plush and views were satisfying. Breakfast was decent and champaign for guests was a gracious gesture. I will come back.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our first thought was WOW. The lobby and first floor hallways are lovely. I agree with a previous review saying the decor is very Aspen. The only decor I didn't appreciate were the dimly lit hallways upstairs. We went from wow to gloom. The yellowy tint upstairs seemed so dingy.

Our room was very clean and still smelled like new construction. I would not book a double queen room again as we could hear conversations in the next room. The hotel was booked so we were not able to change to a non-adjoining room, but management did offer to move us to another double queen. It became a "the devil you know" type of situation so we stayed where we were.

Breakfast is the exact same as in other Residence Inns, so nothing to remark on there.

I think my favorite part of the stay was watching a storm roll in from the rocking chairs on the porch. Other than that, we spent most of our time in Charleston and exploring nearby. Freshfields Village was fun to explore for a couple of hours.

I don't think we will book here again. It was lovely to see, but not something that would draw us back again.

Room Tip: All double queen rooms have an adjoining door to the next room, and it is LOUD.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We checked into the hotel today to celebrate our 40th anniversary for the weekend. After being told before checking in that we would be upgraded to a room with a veranda facing the water they placed us in a horrible room overlooking a porta- potty and dumpster. We are Marriott Gold Members as well as owners. When I asked for a better room I was told nothing is available . Hotel is ok but front desk staff does not care about pleasing clientele. Will not be back!
C. Hanley

4  Thank cindy h
Aaron W, Manager at Andell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear cindy h,

Thank you taking the time to share your experience at Andell Inn on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry to hear that the view from your room was not to your liking. We try our very best to meet all guest requests, especially when the trip is to celebrate a special occasion. Our water view rooms are always in very high demand, and guests will pay extra to reserve a room overlooking Farm Lake. I must also apologize that were unable to offer you another room with a different view, as we were sold out for the weekend of your visit. Our valued Marriott Rewards members mean the world to us, and every day we strive to provide the level of service you have come to expect from Marriott hotels.

I hope that when you return to Kiawah Island, you will give us the opportunity to better service your needs and earn your business as a fully satisfied guest of Andell Inn.

Best regards,

#3 of 62 in Charleston
King Charles Inn
King Charles Inn
#17 of 62 in Charleston

Been to Andell Inn? Share your experiences!