“Confusion with seating ”

The Atlantic Room at The Ocean Course
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited for dinner on a very busy night! People were everywhere!! On the practice putting green, on the green of the 18th, the bar was filled as well as people on the pro shop too. We checked in because we had a reservation, nothing was clear as to how they would let us know our table was ready. We were seated finally. Jack our server was very good and knowledgeable about the wines and specials. Our starters and entree were excellent and arrived quickly. We were seated in the main dining area, it had a great view, if we would had been seated more timely.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having been there before, I had expectations. The food was okay at best and nothing special. The best part of the experience was witnessing the sunset.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We were seated at 7:00 pm and experienced a spectacular sunset serenaded by bag pipes. The crispy shrimp appetizer is one of the best dishes I have ever had. The flavor is so - well, I can still enjoy it in my mind today. The two main seafood dishes were tasty and accompanied with creamy potatoes and savory vegetables.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Visited last December and the food was excellent. This time the fresh oysters were miniscule for $4 each and the soup was good. The seafood stew and grouper special were loaded with salt and other seasonings which kept my golfing partner and I up all night drinking water and taking antacids. The deserts were good, but we cancelled our reservations for the next night and tried another restaurant off the island.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

What an absolutely fabulous evening at the Atlantic Room. We were seated promptly at 5:30pm so that we could enjoy a spectacular sunset with great drinks and appetizers. Rodney was a GREAT waiter and explained the dinner menu and the special items to us. The she crab soup was as good as I have ever had. My wife requested a vegetarian dinner and the chef did not disappoint her. I had the ribeye and my daughter had the lobster Mac & Cheese combined with the She Crab soup for her meal. The food was delivered promptly but we never felt rushed. The portions were large and unfortunately we did not have room for desert. The wine list was very good, albeit a little pricey, but they did offer some half bottles and several by the glass options. I would recommend this to anyone looking for great food and a dining EXPERIENCE! The view is beyond believable.