“Embarrassed to have taken guests” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, American, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Embarrassed to have taken guests”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family took a group of out of town guests to Applebee's due to the fact that it was late (after 10 PM) and no other restaurants were open aside from Waffle House. We have had decent experiences in the past with this location, so we were fine with this choice. Our server was kind enough; however, she when she brought drinks to the table, she put her hand on the rim of the glasses which is not really sanitary. It was fine though, and we did not have any real mishaps with the drink orders. The real issues started with appetizers. We orders the queso con chili nachos and received greasy, soft nacho chips and a bowl of chili with a little queso at the bottom. The server knew this was unacceptable because when she put it on the table and saw our faces, she said that she "got on them in the kitchen" about doing that but she still tried to convince us that there was queso in the bowl. We finally had to ask her to bring out a bowl of queso, and they only provided a bit. By the time we received the queso, the food had arrived. Over 50% of the food orders were not good. While we received the food that we ordered, the food was not prepared well at all. The burgers were clearly remade and not cooked to order. The fish and chips were fried in old grease, so the food was burnt and stale tasting. Everyone who had fries or the fish was greatly disappointed. The salmon was also overcooked. Our table did not complain to the manager about every order...only about those in which the food was inedible. The rest of us suffered through and left unsatisfied. I will say that the manager was accommodating. Our server was unsympathetic and obviously irritated, but it was not our fault that the food was awful. We were respectful but annoyed given the fact that we were hungry and paying for a meal that was not good. I really hope they have a conversation with their late-night cook because this is unacceptable.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Inman, South Carolina
“Poor overall experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I went here with a colleague during a business trip for lunch. They appeared to only have about 2 servers working so service throughout the entire meal was VERY slow. This included getting our drinks, getting our meals and waiting for our check and waiting to get it back.

My meal of the fish and chips was fine as far as taste. My colleague got a salad that was supposed to have avocado in it, it came without and she was not told until after she asked where the avocado was at that they had run out of it.

Overall a somewhat dismal lunch, at least the food was good. But the food being good was not enough to overcome the lack of service and timeliness.

I would not recommend this location for a meal.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Dirty ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I went here today with my son and nephew and I was disgusted by the cleanliness of the plates that they served our food on.. I know some dishes can become permanently stained but when you can take your napkin and wipe the dirt and filth off; your plate was not cleaned properly.. I complained to my waitress about it, and she tried to explain away the problem but I requested that the order be remade on a clean plate.. I think that if the plates are permanently stained that they should be replaced immediately so that this problem doesn't happen again...

Columbia, SC
“Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

the service was great.... the food was good...... the location was great.....Right across from the hotel.

Visited September 2013
South Carolina
“Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

The service is always very slow. The food is good. We do go back once we forget the painfully slow service from the last time.

Visited May 2013