“Couldn't ask for more!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Kilburnie, the Inn at Craig Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Lancaster B&B and Inns
danville, ca
“Couldn't ask for more!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

Love this bed and breakfast! Johannes is an incredible host. We loved hearing about his history as well as the history of this lovely home. My daughter and I were on a road trip to check out colleges and after a looooong day on the road, what a restful haven we found at Kilburnie!! Our third floor walk up suite was spacious, lovely and incredibly relaxing. The therapy bathtub was a godsend for our tired bodies and we slept like babies in the comfortable beds! Breakfast was a delish three course gourmet affair, yum! Should we make our way back to Lancaster, this is where we will stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Last night I had the awesome pleasure of spending the night at Kilburnie, the Inn at Craig Farm. I wish I was still there sitting on the upstairs porch rocking contentedly as I did last evening. Johannes is a most fantastic host, who will go out of his way to make you completely happy and comfortable. He has done a remarkable job of restoring this beautiful old house to immaculate perfection. My room, the Andrew Jackson room, was perfectly lovely, and the fireplace and hydro-therapy tub were just the thing I needed and wanted to completely relax and pamper myself. Breakfast was the icing on the cake. Johannes served a to-die-for strawberry and yogurt muffin that was as light as a feather, followed by a southern pecan toasted peach, and shirred eggs with cheddar cheese that were incredibly delicious. I only regret that that I get full too quickly and was unable to finish my eggs and muffin. About two hours down the road on my way home I really wanted them! If you ever have the opportunity to stay at Kilburnie you will not be disappointed, I promise. Thank you, Johannes, for a lovely visit.

Room Tip: Bring a bathrobe. They were not provided.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank merliness
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Johannes is a marvelously welcoming and thoughtful host. He was able to accommodate my dietary needs without any complaint (I am vegan). The house is full of amazing antique finds; everything has a story behind it, and Johannes will gladly tell you the history behind it all. It's very tastefully decorated, not in the overly stuffy style of many B&Bs. I only wish we had had more time to spend here. We will certainly be going back. This is probably my favorite bed and breakfast inn I have ever stayed at... and I've been to quite a few!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lauren V
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Our daughter picked this extraordinary Inn for our Christmas visit with our son who lives in Charlotte, NC. She and my son-in-law stayed in the beautifully appointed Davie room on the Inn's second floor while my wife and I took the spacious third floor James walk up suite. What a great find! For four wonderful days we lived a dream. We visited with my son's family for an unforgettable Christmas and had our best ever B&B experience. Johannes, our host, shared more than his superb Inn, he treated us daily to delicious breakfast fare. He went the extra step and accommodated my son-in-law's soy allergy without compromising the quality of his menus. A gregarious conversationalist, he treated us to the storied history of the Inn and the surrounding area. We'll definitely be back, soon.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views and individual gas fireplaces. As visiting Grandparents of three rambunct...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Janice G
Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

I stay here every year with my daughter while we Christmas shop in Charlotte. Everything about this B&B is perfect. It is spotless, beautifully appointed, and comfortable. The breakfast is perfect & the host is friendly. You will love the gas fireplaces, the movies & frig with drinks & especially the jetted air tub so big you could swim in it in your bath. The baths also have showers & heated floors which are so nice on cool mornings. The history of the place is so interesting & the landscaping is beautiful. A wonderful place to stay & also they have a beautiful wedding area that looks first class. 30 minutes from Charlotte & well worth the trip.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lbmgator
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Kilburnie is a place where thoughts and peace can come together -- the location and quietness are almost impossible to imagine until you actually arrive; it's blissful, and wonderfully enhanced by Johannes Tromp. Kilburnie Inn and all of the surrounding area are definitely the fruition of the dreams of a visionary man and allows a person to return to regular lives much better because of the positivity that surrounds you in this setting. The landscaping has been done with such attention to detail, you know it has had to have been planned by a true artist.

The rooms are beautiful, comfortable, and every item seems to have been placed with intention! I loved it. The breakfasts were prepared beautifully and were delicious, plus improved by the conversation -- Johannes is an example of what we should all strive to be -- caring, conscientious, and appreciative of life. This was demonstrated in all of his actions, making Kilburnie a wonderfully, welcoming home. I hope we are able to return.

Room Tip: I believe any of the rooms would be wonderful. Each has it's own charm and character.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank flange030
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We've love staying at The Kilburnie. It's quiet, very clean, relaxing, and less than an hour from Charlotte. Johannes stirs up great breakfasts and wonderful conversation. We will return!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Quality Inn Lancaster
Quality Inn Lancaster
#2 of 3 in Lancaster
Super 8 Lancaster
Super 8 Lancaster
#1 of 3 in Lancaster
Wingate by Wyndham Rock Hill / Charlotte / Metro Area

Been to Kilburnie, the Inn at Craig Farm? Share your experiences!