“We want to go back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
Kilburnie, the Inn at Craig Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Lancaster B&B and Inns
East Sussex
“We want to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

I wanted a nights accomodation near Lancaster in the middle of a 675 mile drive. Normally I chose a Best Western or equivalent, but could not find one the area that I liked the look of. Kilburnie was in the correct location and we thought, even though it is a bit more expensive than our normal $100 rate, it looked nice.

We arrived about 6pm, the welcome was warm, and we had a tour of the house. Everything was perfect and the website cannot do the place justice. The rooms are beautiful, the bathroom pure luxury and the setting perfect. As we had had a large lunch we decided to have a picnic on the balcony, outside our room. It was like being royal guests for the night.

Breakfast in english B&Bs is normally very good. This breakfast was exceptional in both cooking and presentation.

We left 15 hours after arriving. We talked about the experience a lot over the next 6 hour drive

Next year, we will stay two nights.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

This B&B is wonderful find in Lancaster, South Carolina I would highly recommened a visit. Lots of history beautifully furnished. Alittle off the beaten path for all you who like it that way.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2009

This was my 3rd visit to Kilburnie Inn and I cannot say enough positive things about the inn and especially about Johannes, the host. The guest rooms are all very nice and the public rooms are warm and welcoming.
My husband is not a fan of B&B's but he stayed here with me last Nov and loved it too. His favorite part is that you aren't staying in someone's home because Johannes lives across the street.
The service is 5 star or better! We often stay in 5 star resorts when we travel and I have never had better service. Johannes goes out of his way to make sure your stay is wonderful. I completely agree with a previous post in that you feel as if you are the only guest staying there.
I love this place so much that I stayed here this trip although my business was in Chester (30+ miles away).

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank bking00
Lancaster, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2009

We stayed in August and enjoyed it enough that we had family join us the week after Christmas. The six of us had a wonderful time and again the Innkeeper was an outstanding host as well as the facility being excellent.

• Liked — the house and the innkeeper
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank MBNick
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2008

I have stayed at Kilburnie several times, and each time I think it can't get better but it does. Johannes, the inn keeper, makes you feel like you are the only person there. I don't have a favorite room, they are all wonderful. You can pick a room with a fireplace in the bathroom or a fireplace in your bedroom. I love sitting on the porch with a good book. The grounds are lovely also. I just can't recommend the Kilburne Inn highly enough.

• Liked — Jacuzzi tub
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank HappyTravel62
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2008

As a group of friends we spent a weekend here taking all 5 of the wonderful rooms. Johannes the manager looked after us superbly with wonderful food, good advice & great stories of local life. The Inn is beautiful. It's an old house restored to its former glory in lovely setting. The rooms all have their own fire & whirlpool bath. The rocking chairs on the porch make for a relaxed place to chill out after a day exploring the local area & there's a downstairs sitting room to relax in too. Though the bedrooms are so nice that unless you're in a group like we were, you may not want to leave them. I'd definitely stay here again & will remember this place forever. I can't praise it too highly. The only downside is having to leave & go back to reality!

• Liked — Beautiful accommodation & setting
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scousepeasant
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2007

Such a wonderful place for my husband and I to have our wedding! Johannes was of the greatest help and so organised I completely trusted him with all the arrangements, even when it rained! I was so thrilled to be able to show this place to our relatives and friends and we had the best time.
Staying in Kilburnie is a delight. The breakfast is first class and such a unique experience. The whole place is immaculate but still feels like home. I cannot recommend this place highly enough! Thank you so much.

• Liked — The spacious rooms
  • Disliked — That we couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lancaster
Quality Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Rock Hill
Hampton Inn Rock Hill
#1 of 22 in Rock Hill
Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill

Been to Kilburnie, the Inn at Craig Farm? Share your experiences!