“Lovely”

Campbell's Covered Bridge
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Landrum
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Live very close so I love to walk my kids down on pretty summer day to let them play in the water . Also nice little trail to hike . Great day spot for fresh air and picnic

Reviewed 4 May 2013

The bridge is beautiful and i know graffiti is bad but it makes it more historical I think. I understand the the bridge is not passable because it really shouldn't be because it being so old. What makes me kind of angry, the house of the lady (can't remember her name) was torn down. My boyfriend was explaining how cool it was to me, and they even have a post of info about her down the stone stairs. It's kind I weird that they just wrote info and stuck it there, but there's no house. It's just random an the house should have just been left there. I don't care if it was burned. Leave it because that's history connecting to the bridge. That was a very stupid decision on the restorers part or whoever did it. There is too much I involved with tourism and having all this random stuff like benches to sit and watch. Sit and watch what?

One thing that was interesting (one of the only things that made it actually feel like what it should HAUNTED) was if you're walking down to the stone place with the benches made out of stone (Infront of where the house use to be) you can find 3 circles that are all circled with smaller stones. And then there's one stone that has a wrench and then nuts an bolts around it. Kinda weird huh? They say a satanist did that, but not sure.

2  Thank Jordaneee
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This is one of the few covered bridges left in the state of South Carolina.
It is remarkable that it is still standing and is still in as good of condition as it is. The beams that make the trusses that carry the "load" of the bridge have be be some of the hardest wood I have eve seen. To be as old as this bridge is and be orginal with only minor repairs thru the ages, Well, I don't know how it still stands.
You must come and see it.

1  Thank Harry S
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This bridge is located so far out in the country that we thought we had missed it. When we visited, it appeared that restoration was in progress. It was definitely interesting and I'm glad we took time to see it.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

If you've seen covered bridges before then you would rate this so-so. It is small and not passable. It had grafiitti on it. But if you haven't seen one before then this is a must see.