“Good Bar, Friendly Service”

The Hare & Hound Pub
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 November 2011

While our wives were shopping, my friend of more than fifty years and I visited the Hare and Hound; it was an enjoyable hour. The place was crowded and we sat at the bar. The bartender, a female, was friendly and engaging, as were the patrons on each side of us. The bar has several television screens and three football games were playing. The bar has a good selection of beer, both domestic and foreign. While we did not eat, the people on each side of us did, and they said the food was delicious. The fellow sitting next to me was a regular, and the people on our other side were tourists. We would certainly return to the Hare and Hound the next time we visit Landrum. This is a popular place; be prepared to wait at typical dining hours.

2  Thank CJTravelerTexas

Reviewed 8 September 2011

Let me start by saying that I am VERY picky about my chicken salad. Let me follow that up with "Go and eat the Honey Child chicken salad sandwich at Hare and Hound!" All white meat, good mayo, served on a toasted croissant with almonds and honey drizzled over it. Wow. I am wanting another one as I type this. My husband had a cheesesteak sandwich that was equally good. We hadn't planned to have dessert, but our waitress (who was very familiar with the menu items AND their preparation) started to describe the fried cheesecake and we were hooked. We split it and it arrived beautifully plated on two separate plates! It was more than enough for two, and we rolled out of there with full tummies and smiles on our faces.

We were back for dinner the next night - my husband was craving more of that fried cheesecake. I started off with the lasagna and garlic bread. The portion was so big that I couldn't finish half of it. My husband had a huge ribeye, which he described as "fabulous" (and he kind of sang the word... a little creepy.) We had a different, but still wonderful waitress. These folks really know about the food and really care about it. For dessert, hubby had the fried cheesecake, and I had a blueberry cheesecake of the non-fried variety - yum! The owner, Patty, came over to chat with us as we were having dessert. We'll be visiting her tea house on our next trip, but we're not going to skip a meal at the Hare and Hound - not while that chicken salad and cheesecake are around!

2  Thank QueenOfWendonia
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Everything on the menu is delicious. The food tastes like a sophisticated chef is preparing traditional homemade recipes. The fried chicken is awesome and it is served alone or on a salad. The chicken salad sandwich with honey on a croissant is scrumptious as is the chicken pot pie. We drive 30 minutes just to go to this restaurant. We live in the area and always bring guests to Hare & Hound. Great atmosphere. We always look forward to the bread pudding selection of the day. There is always a long wait here on Friday and Saturday nights, so reservations are recommended on those days.

1  Thank MsEBandMrVB
Reviewed 20 June 2011

A friend and I wanted to go to Landrum to shop and have lunch. We stopped at the Hare & Hound Pub. I had never been there before, but she assured me the food would be good. She ordered the Fish & Chips plate and I ordered the Rueben plate.....skipped the fries.....and had a salad instead. The salad was great, so fresh. The Rueben was outstanding!!! I love them but hadn't had one in a long time. When I saw it on the menu I didn't look further. It also came with a wonderful pickle. I just had to have more of those, they were so good. My friends' Fish & Chip plate looked good, and she said it was. This is a great place for lunch. I will have to take hubby for dinner sometime :-)

Reviewed 8 May 2011

Great food and plenty of it! Convenient to all the shops downtown.