“Great Asian Food”

Landrum, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Asian Food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is an Asian restaurant so they don't offer everything, but they do what they do very well. Experienced musicians provide quality music at various times in different genres. Recent saxophonist was very reminiscent of Stan Getz.(really, this guy was solid). Ambiance and servers were inviting and relaxed. Parking was easy, and proximity to downtown shops added to the fun. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank HighRocksCamper

Inman, South Carolina
“Excellent Venue and Restaurant”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I noticed this place just a few weeks ago, and had to go check it out. They had live music at 9 PM on a Friday, and I was working nearby.

Starting with beer, as that remains a priority item to this day, they had a reasonable selection. The had both a Highland Brewing Company as well as a Spartanburg born RJ Rocker's Bell Ringer (which I highly suggest if you like a high gravity beer).

Now the food is primarily Asian Cuisine and I had pork and mixed vegetables. It was one of the best Thai meals I have ever had. I couldn't imagine it being better!

I enjoyed the band, and didn't at all mind having the 3 buck cover added to my bill for the band. I would have danced if I was not there stag. Acoustics were pretty good for a high ceilinged brick building.

Service was perhaps a little slow, but they are nice folks and I was in no rush. I would certainly go back pretty often. Why am I telling you? Well, I want them to do well. Hopefully I can persuade some of the local blues talent I know to get there to perform.

2 Thank doctorbyday
“Great new eatery!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We waited a few weeks after opening for them to work out the kinks, then had lunch there with a friend. We love Thai food and this did not disappoint! We went back for dinner Saturday and found a much larger menu with great selections. The starters were large portions and shared easily between four people. We had four entries and we all loved our selctions. This will definitely be a regular place for us. Thanks for coming to Landrum!
PS The previous restaurant did have a rowdy crowd which I'm sure is one reason they failed, and I'm surprised and sorry about an earlier comment about some bad behavior here now. Nearly the entire economy of this area is driven by the horse industry so I don't know what that person's issue was. I just hope the owner is aggressive about clearing that out. It's too good a place to be tarnished by people like that.

2 Thank Hilltopper2000
Landrum
“Pleasant Place”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My two sons and son's girlfriend have decided this is their new go to place as they love Thai food. I however am not a fan of the food but the Japanese entree I chose was good. I really like the decor. I'll be back soon!

1 Thank 11conn
Landrum
“Very disappointed !”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went in with my husband to have a drink and enjoy some music. The music was fantastic but the crowd was shady! My husband commented, there is going to be trouble in here and boy was he right! I was verbally attacted by a drunk girl that said all girls that ride horses are lesbeiens, this is an equestrian town so that doesn't go over very well! This was not her first rodeo and had worked the I entire room and they new that! My husband ask them to remove her from us and they allowed her to stay all over us! I had asked her 3 or 4 times to leave us alone and she refused. It was very disturbing ! If this is the crowd they're looking for, then good luck in staying in business! I'm almost 60 yrs old and have never experienced anything like that ! Lived in the area for 20yrs and have always felt safe and respected, until then! I felt they were disrespectful to me and my space and should have asked her to leave or go back to her table, that was on the other side of the room!

Visited May 2014
Darave_travels, Online Marketing at Soulisa's Fine Thai Dining, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
We are sorry for your bad experience here at Soulisa's. We've been in business for a few years in Tryon, NC and have never experienced anything like this before. To my understanding the previous business in this location Zenzera's had a some what of a rowdy crowd. We have installed security cameras in our location to help deter any disturbances and illegal activity that may occur on our premises. Please give us another try. If you came just for drinks and music, I suggest coming on a normal day and try our amazing Thai food.