“If you don't like this place, you're an idiot.”

Southside Smokehouse & Grille
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated just slightly off the main street of downtown Landrum, Southside Smokehouse is more than the name suggests. Though great barbecue is a staple of our menu we also offer burgers, steaks, Cajun/Creole cuisine and now our new locally sourced, globally inspired menu from chef Sarah McClure. Featuring items like cripsy pork loin Milanese with cilantro rice, orange salsa, and smoked paprika crema and the "Figgy Pig," Landrum's new favorite sandwich with smoke pork loin, ham, arugula, fontina cheese and local figs on crusty French bread. We offer a full bar with many daily drink specials.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I pass though Landrum biannually on business . The highlight of these trip is dinners at Southside. Top- notch grub served by beautiful people. If you don't like this restaurant , you're an idiot.

2  Thank earlnemo

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I travel all over the country for work and this is one of my favorite BBQ places to eat at. I would highly recommend it to anyone!!

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I try to visit Landrum once a year. We always eat at a restaurant located downtown and walk around so I was a little bummed when he wanted to try somewhere new. On a whim we picked This restaurant due to reviews on TA. I had low expectations (despite glowing reviews) and figured this would be a run of the mill bbq joint. I was 100 percent wrong. The restaurant had such a neat vibe, the menu had tons of options ranging from bbq to creole to comfort food and more. If we lived in Landrum this would be our go to "place". Bravo to the chefs and owners!

1  Thank Clemson22
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Wow, this could be our new go to restaurant. They try to use local food, even vegan options
Service was great, homey, food was super. Can't wait to go back. Wish they had room for outside seating.

1  Thank clscorz
mccluresm, Owner at Southside Smokehouse & Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We do! Sorry that you missed it, just ask your server or hostess next time or look for the door to the side of the bar, there is a small covered area with two top tables and a television and then a larger area with tables, corn hole, and a fire pit in the fall. It's not super popular in the summer as it is very hot but it is good if you have dogs or on a nice overcast day :-) also if you are ever having trouble lei ding something vegan on the menu just ask for Sarah and she can usually put something together for you

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The deep offerings of quality seafood at this BBQ place was not expected. Any Foodie would appreciate a visit at this eclectic spot. There were many entries I wished I could have tried and a monthly list of seasonal offerings just added to the quandry of choices. My mussels were tops and my sister's swordfish and sides were tasty. The sauted kale was perfect. Too bad we had no room for desserts, some of which were obviously homemade. I look forward to future visits there. BTW, there could be no better server.

1  Thank Lisa P