“Our wedding and honeymoon at The Red Horse Inn.”
Review of The Red Horse Inn

The Red Horse Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Landrum B&B and Inns
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
“Our wedding and honeymoon at The Red Horse Inn.”
Reviewed 3 June 2008

It was my (then) fiance that was perusing the internet for potential honeymoon locations. She looked under bed and breakfast type locations, and the first hit she got was The Red Horse Inn. She called me into the room and said "Roger look at this beautiful Inn with cottages located just 30 miles from where we live." The inn and cottages (each cottage is unique and has a different theme) are situated on almost 200 acres in horse country, in the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.

We didn't look any further, we called the number on the web site.
I got in touch with Mary, who along with her husband Roger and son Christian own and operate The Red Horse Inn. As I talked to Mary she came up with the idea of us getting married right there at the Inn. From the photos I'd seen on the web site I was really quite intrigued, so much so that we took a ride up to The Red Horse Inn and we knew then and there that this was the place where we wanted to have our wedding and spend our honeymoon. Surrounded by the splendor of nature and the beauty of the nearby mountains this peaceful and serene setting can inspire artists, spur romance, or just allow one to relax and enjoy a glass of wine in the solitude and privacy made available by the owners and their staff. Mary even went so far as to offer to take pictures of our wedding using our own camera.
We took her up on her offer and were not in the least disappointed. We stayed at The Spring House cottage and didn't want to leave when our stay was up. Everyone really respects your privacy and makes you feel like family. Needless to say at this point that my fiance is now my wife, and we made some wonderful memories for a lifetime at the beautiful Red Horse Inn. We took day trips to quaint little shops, and places to eat in the lovely area and towns surrounding The Red horse Inn property. I am not a professional reviewer, but I know what I like. My new wife Karen and I really enjoyed our stay. What a beautiful start to a new life for a newly married couple!

Thank you Roger, Mary, Christian and your wonderful staff for making it all happen.

• Liked — Location, Owners and staff
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Rock Hill
Reviewed 17 February 2008

The Red Horse Inn was an absolutely gorgeous property and beautiful place to stay. My husband and I were given a weekend getaway to the Red Horse Inn and we could not have gone anywhere better. The owners, Roger and Mary, were extremely friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The mountains, horses and fish were beautiful. I could not say anything negative at all. We will definitely be back.

Crystal and Jackson Greene
Rock Hill, SC

• Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 February 2008

Breathtaking views of the Cliffs, surrounded by a calm that we've found nowhere else. The staff was very generous and interested in our every need.
This is our second trip to the Red Horse Inn and we stayed in the Inn this time. We were graciously greeted at the door upon our arrival, then entered our room with a "welcome back" note on the door. The bed was strown with rose petals and a wonderful note left by the staff for us, congratulating us on the anniversary of my husband's marriage proposal (#20). A picnic basket was later delivered with a homemade pizza since we had arrived so late in the day. We also found the refrigerator stocked with muffins, drinks for dinner and breakfast the next day, coffee, and individual servings of eggs for the next morning. Juice and champagne were for our enjoyment as well.
The inn offers two kinds of bed pillows - fiber filled as well as down, and we got lost in the comfort of the king sized bed. The fireplace offered a glow and warmth to the room as we came in from our private patio. We had our dinner out on the patio one night and enjoyed the natural quiet and beauty of the area. Each night we found ourselves there, looking at the facing mountain and its twinkling lights. Their horse, Beaucoup became our favored pet of the weekend as we fed her carrots we had brought from home.
The whirlpool tub relaxed us, as did the comfortable furnishings throughout the East Room.
We were sad to leave behind the scenery, and the chance to get away and enjoy a truly uncomplicated weekend with each other.
We will be back...for a third time!

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — closet space
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Spartanburg
Reviewed 28 January 2008

My husband and I spent this past weekend at The Red Horse Inn in Ladrnum, SC as a quick weekend getaway. We turned the corner at the top of a hill on a gravel drive only to find a breathtaking view of the Inn, as well as the horse country and cottages below. It was so quiet and beautiful with the mountains in clear view. Our cottage was lovely with everything you could need and more. We plan on going again the spring. I would recommend this to everyone who needs a quiet time for rejuvenation!

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank LewisSpartanburg
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 28 January 2008

I just returned from the Red Horse Inn yesterday, and I still wish I were there! We stayed in the Spring House Cottage, and it was remarkable. Romantic, clean, fresh, cozy. It had every amenity I could have wanted. Your breakfast awaits you in the refrigerator, and Mary and Roger brought us dinner in a picnic basket Saturday night, so we didn't even have to leave if we didn't want to! The views are breathtaking, and the privacy is unparalleled. I cannot wait to go back.

• Liked — The feel of the room (i.e. location, decorations, furnishings).
  • Disliked — Nothing -it was excellent.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lkruck
columbia, sc
Reviewed 2 December 2007

I absolutely love the Red Horse Inn. I've been only twice, but I hope many more visits will be in my future. The views are gorgeous, the cabins are charming, and there are a hundred little unexpected nice touches that make you feel like a welcomed and treasured guest.

• Liked — everything is so beautiful--it's a treat for all the senses
  • Stayed October 2003, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunnysouth00
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Reviewed 12 November 2007

I booked several rooms at the Inn for a recent company meeting and was very very happy with both the rooms and the service. Each of my colleagues was as pleased as I was. Mary and Roger did a great job in designing and building the Inn. We were also pleasantly surprised by the excellent food we got at Stone Soup and Twigs, both recommended by Mary. I hope to return soon!

• Liked — the setting
  • Disliked — no wireless in the rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank marthafrommtpleasant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landrum
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
The Cascades Mountain Resort
The Cascades Mountain Resort
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
Glassy View Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Red Horse Inn? Share your experiences!